7

Shadow woke up the next morning in a particularly good mood. Another night of peaceful sleep instead of being drenched in sweat from reoccurring nightmares.

Shadow got out of bed and saw it was 10:30. Beside is clock was his phone. He turned it on and saw Sonic had texted him while he was sleeping.

A small smile spread across his face and then the thoughts of last night came to mind. 'I'm glad Sonic and I are not rivals anymore but, was everything that happened yesterday a date? I like Sonic as a friend but...I've never considered him as a partner.' He thought.

Shadow looked at the message from Sonic.

S: Don't forget about my party tonight! My place! 7 sharp! See ya there💙

'Another heart.' He thought as a blush spread across his face and his heart began to pound.

Sh: I'll be there. Don't worry🖤

S: Great! I'm so excited🥳

Sh: Happy Birthday by the way🎂

S: Thanks! Talk to you later!

Shadow put his phone down and realized something. 'Wait! It's a birthday party! I'm supposed to bring a gift! What am I supposed to get for someone like Sonic?' Shadow panicked.

Shadow searched around his house to try and get an idea. But nothing came to him. 'Booze? No, I don't think he's a drinker. Shoes? No, not materialistic. Money? Don't have much of it myself. I can't think of anything!'

Shadow racked his brain until it hurt. So has been so good to him and he can't even think of a good enough gift for him!

Than it hit him....

Shadow went to his bedroom drawer and pulled out a piece of paper and a pencil. He began to write.

(Several Hours Later)

Sonic house was filled with people. Loving fans, proud supports, his closest friends, everyone who cared for Sonic. Colorful lights were flashing, music was booming, people having fun, everything a party should have.

Sonic walked around his house wearing a dark blue dress shirt with a black tie and black dress pants looking for Shadow. He checked his watch and it was 7:23. 'Where is he? I'm starting to worry if I really did scare him off. But he did say he would be here.' He thought.

"Oh Sonic~" A voice screeched.

Sonic's eyes rolled as he turned around with a fake smile. "Hey Amy. Having fun?" Sonic asked.

The pink hedgehog stood there wearing a long red party dress with a cup in her hand. "Of course I am. I'm with you aren't I?" She said and got closer to him.

But Sonic looked away from her and his eyes searched for Shadow.

"What's up with you Sonic? Why aren't you paying attention to me?" Any asked.

"Cause I'm looking for someone. I'm gonna go look around some more." Sonic said and walked off. Leaving Amy in a huff.

(With Shadow)

Shadow was running up the street to Sonic's party wearing a long sleeved red dress shirt with a black tie and black pants. "I can't believe I got lost! I'm so late!" He said as he saw Sonic's home in the distance. He had finally made it and stood in front of his house.

Shadow took a deep breath and knocked on the door. A few minutes later a yellow fox wearing a white dress shirt and blue pants answered the door with a red echidna wearing a green dress shirt and brown pants standing behind him.