Prologue

The warm summer evening was filled with the chirping of crickets and the soft light of the crescent moon when the knock sounded on the heavy wooded door. The woman inside the small apartment turned cautiously from where she had been rummaging through the broom cupboard in the kitchen. She sighed before shutting it again and hurrying down the hallway. Barely home for half a day and she already had a visitor. The knock sounded again.

"Oh hold your horses." She mumbled to herself. She grabbed her wand, holding it at the ready, before twisting the doorknob and opening the door. "Listen, I don't know what you're doing here this late in the afternoon, but I don't need whatever it is you're selling."

"Why hello to you, too, Nova." The person on the other side of the door replied.

"Professor Dumbledore!" The woman, Nova, exclaimed in surprise. "What on earth are you doing here?"

"I had heard you were back. May I come in?" The elderly man inquired.

"Of course! Would you like some tea?" Nova replied after she recovered and led him inside the apartment to the kitchen table.

"Tea sounds lovely. Thank you." He said and eased into a chair and Nova busied herself with making the tea. A few minutes later, she found Dumbledore looking at some of the photos she had started collecting on one of the kitchen walls years ago.

"I'm  sorry for all the dust, I just got home a few hours ago and haven't had the chance to clean."  Nova explained and glanced at the photographs. "Things were so much simpler back then."

"Yes. Yes they were." Dumbledore agreed as Nova set the tea on the table.

"What did you want to talk to me about, Professor?" Nova asked as she settled into the chair across from the elderly man.

"Well, as you know, Harry's first two years at Hogwarts have been quite eventful." He started. Nova shuddered as she thought back to the letter she had received regarding the events of what her godson had faced.

"Yes." She replied and raised a brow. Dumbledore took a sip of his tea before continuing on.

"Well, you have always had a knack for history and I was wondering if you would want a job at Hogwarts. That way you could keep an eye on Harry." Professor Dumbledore finished.

Nova's eyes widened. She hadn't seen the boy since he was only a few hours old. Back then she had been busy with more pressing matters, but found the time to be there for her friend and to meet her godson.

"But Professor! There aren't any teaching jobs available. And I still have to locate the last three relics." Nova reminded him. "Besides, I couldn't possibly teach at Hogwarts. I don;t know the first thing about teaching a class of unruly teenagers."

"Well, Nova, it seems that our current history professor has finally come to the realization that he's been dead for quite some time. And I am sure you need a break from searching. You seem more stressed than the carefree Nova I knew." He replied slightly amused. "Besides, you managed to tutor those unruly friends of yours during your time at Hogwarts. Even their grades climbed with your help."

"You don't mean Professor Binns!" Nova chucked slightly remembering the ghost that taught history at Hogwarts.She thought for a second before relenting. "I suppose I could use a break."

"You very much deserve one." He agreed. "So what do you say Nova?"

" I say I'll see you September first." Nova replied with a grin."I'll also ask if you minded if I took the train?"

"I would expect nothing less of an answer from you, Nova. Of course you can take the train. I'll see you September first." Dumbledore said. With that he apparates from the room to Merlin knows where. Nova sighed and sank back into her chair.

"Prepare for the return of Nova Lupin, Hogwarts!" She exclaimed with a small smile on her face. It seemed like this would be an interesting year. An interesting one indeed.