Chapter 32

A/N: I feel like I'm doing way too many Great Hall scenes but that's alright. They're kinda fun to write! If you haven't noticed (which I'm pretty sure you have) , there's a little friendship between Snape and Nova and I honestly love the little banters. I'm trying to make Nova a prankster, but since I've never executed a prank in my life, it's kind of hard. So let me know if you have any ideas for that. Also, I am so sorry about the prequel. I'm planning on fixing that as soon as I am done with Secrets Revealed. I am so sorry if y'all read it. I skipped like all the school years and that's what it was supposed to be about. Oops. Y'all probably want me to shut up now... Happy reading!

(By the way, I can't remember if I did a disclaimer or not so I'll do one now. I DO NOT OWN HARRY POTTER IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM! however I do own Nova and Astra and their plots.)

"Well, well, well. Look who's back. Miss 'I'll ony be gone for a few hours'." Severus snarked when Nova sat down. She gave him a small glare before giving a small smile.

"I fell asleep."  Nova admits and begins to eat. "You know, you should come with me next time."

"I'm not sure if I can do that yet." Severus sighs as he picks at the food on his plate.

"Severus. It has been thirteen years. There will never be the right time to go and visit. So I suggest that you stop being a coward and go the next time you have a chance. If you want, I'll even go with you and hold your hand while you cross the street." Nova says with a small smirk, as she tried to lighten the mood a bit. "Also, don't just push your food around the plate. You need to eat. Food is good, remember? Or did you not like the cookies I made you for your birthday? Because I remember that when I came back the next day, all of them were G- O- N- E." 

"Alright. That's enough out of you." He replies and rolls his eyes. He subtly slids a bowl of chocolate pudding over so that it's closer to Nova, who has been eyeing it longingly for the last five minutes and also as she was talking to him. "And would you please stop saying something meaningful and then saying something condescending towards the end?"

"Nope! It's all a part of my charm!" Nova exclaims excitidely. 

"Nova. Do not make me turn that into vanilla pudding." Severus says with a small glare. 

"You wouldn't." Nova glares back menacingly. 

"Oh, I would." He replies and looks her dead in the eyes so she can see that he's dead serious. 

"How dare you even-" Nova quiets as Dumbledore stands and heads towards his podium.

"Well, the goblet is almost ready to make its decision," Dumbledore announces to the Hall full of students and faculty. "I estimate that it requires one more minute. Now, when the champions' names are called, I would ask them please to come up to the front of the Hall, walk along the staff table, and go through into the next chamber where they will be receiving their first instructions."

He took out his wand and made a large seeping wave with it. Atonce, all the candles except the ones inside the jack o'lanterns that decorated the Hall were extinguished, plunging everyone into a state of semi-darkness. TheGoblet of Fire now shone more brightly than anything in the whole Hall, the sparkling bright, blue/white of the flames were beautifully dancing in the goblet. Everyone watched, waiting. Nova glanced over as multiple people kept checking their watches. 

The flames inside the goblet turned suddenly red. Sparks began to fly from it. Next moment, a tongue of flame shot into theair, a charred piece of parchment fluttered out of it - the whole room gasped while Nova just rolled her eyes. It was just a small itty bitty piece of parchment drifting out of an overly large and flashy fire. She didn't see the big deal. Parchment comes out of big flames, the champion's name is on the parchment, the Goblet makes a binding contract with the person on the sheet of paper. 'Congrats on signing your death certificate, we'll just all sit back and hope that you survive! Good luck!' Dumbledore caught the piece of parchment and held it at arm'slength, so that he could read it by the light of the flames, which had turned back to a blue/white. 

"The champion for Durmstrang," he read in a clearvoice, "will be Viktor Krum." 

Viktor Krum rose from the Slytherin table and turnedright, walked along the staff table, and disappeared through the door into the next chamber. 

"Bravo, Viktor!" Karkaroff boomed loudly. Nova could hear him as if he was sitting right next to her and yelling from where she sat beside Severus. She winced and rubbed her temples. Nova just knew that she'd almost certainly have a headache after this. "Knew you had it inyou!"

The other Durmstrang boys exchanged knowing looks. Nova had the feeling that they weren't allowed to put their names in for the tournament. That was definitely something  

 The clapping and chatting died down. Now everyone's attention was focused again on the goblet, which, seconds later, turned red once more. A second piece of parchment shot out of it, propelled by the flames. 

"The champion for Beauxbatons," said Dumbledore, "is Fleur Delacour!" 

A pale blonde girl -that reminded Nova slightly of a veela- rose gracefully from her seat and swept up between the Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff tables. When Fleur Delacour vanished into the side chamber, silence fell again, but this time it was a silence so stiff with excitement you could almost taste it. The Hogwarts champion was next. Nove wondered which student would be signing their could-be death certificate tonight.

The Goblet of Fire turned red once more, sparks showered out of it, the tongue of flame shot high into the air, and from its tip Dumbledore pulled out the third piece of parchment. 

"The Hogwarts champion," he called, "is Cedric Diggory!"

"Such a shame." Nova muttered. Severus heard and gave her a confused look. Nova noticied and explained. "He's such a good student. If he dies, I'll miss him. And here I thought that maybe that little know-it-all, Spencer Battings, would finay get what was coming to him."

"Nova! I thought we were done with that. Teachers are not supposed to wish almost certain death on a student." He scolded her like she was a child.

Every single Hufflepuff had jumped to his or her feet, screaming and stamping, as Cedric made his way past them, grinning broadly, and headed off toward the chamber behind the teachers' table. Indeed, the applause for Cedric went on so long that it was some time before Dumbledore could make himself heard again. 

"Oh? How are your classes going with that little twit?" Nova questioned and Severus immediately focused back on the moment at hand. "That's what I thought." 

"Excellent!" Dumbledore called happily as the last few cheers died down. "Well, we now have our three champions. I am sure I can count upon all of you, including the remaining students from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang, to give your champions every ounce of support you can muster. By cheering your champion on,you will contribute in a very real -" But Dumbledore suddenly stopped speaking, and it was apparent to everybody what had distracted him. 

The fire in the goblet had just turned red again. Sparks were flying out of it. A long flame shot suddenly into the air, and borneupon it was another piece of parchment. 

"Oh, this can not be good." Nova muttered with a slight growl.

Dumbledore reached out a hand and seized the parchment. He held it out and stared at the name written upon it. There was a long pause, during which Dumbledore stared at the slip in his hands, and everyone in the room stared at Dumbledore. And then Dumbledore cleared his throat and read out - "Harry Potter."

Oh that little twit was definitely getting a talking to.