Chapter 17

Warning cussing and a small bit of violence.... just thought you should know....

"Very well," said Remus. "Stand aside, Harry." 

 Harry hesitated. 

 "I'm going to tie him up," said Remus. "That's all, I swear."

 Harry stepped out of the way. 

Thin cords shot from Remus' wand this time, and next moment, Pettigrew was wriggling on the floor, bound and gagged. Nova chuckled a bit when she saw the traitor squirm.

"But if you transform, Peter," growled Sirius, his own wand pointing at Peter too, "We'll let Nova have you. You agree, Harry?" 

Peter squeaked and glanced at Nova with a terrified expression.

 Harry looked confused for a moment at the mention of Nova and glanced at her. She was smirking wickedly and putting her dagger back in her boot. Suddenly, he was no longer confused. He then down at the pitiful figure on the floor and nodded so that Peter could see him.

 "Right," said Remus, suddenly businesslike. "Ron, I can't mend bones nearly as well as Madam Pomfrey, so I think it's best if we just strap your leg up until we can get you to the hospital wing."  

He hurried over to Ron, bent down, tapped Ron's leg with his wand, and muttered, "Ferula." Bandages spun up Ron's leg, strapping it tightly to a splint. Remus helped him to his feet; Ron put his weight gingerly on the leg and didn't wince. "That's better," he said.

 "Thanks."

 "What about Professor Snape?" said Hermione in a small voice, looking down at Severus' prone figure. 

"There's nothing seriously wrong with him," said Remus, bending over Severus and checking his pulse. "You were just a little — overenthusiastic. Still out cold. Er — perhaps it will be best if we don't revive him until we're safety back in the castle. We can take him like this..." 

"I'll get him." Nova said and walked over to Severus. She picked him up off the bed like it was nothing and put one of his arms around her neck. 

Lupin picked up the Invisibility Cloak and tucked it safely into his pocket. 

"And two of us should be chained to this," said Sirius, nudging Pete" with his toe. "Just to make sure."

"I'll do it," said Remus. 

 "And me," said Ron savagely, limping forward.

Sirius conjured heavy manacles from thin air and soon Pettigrew was upright again, left arm chained to Remus' right, right arm to Ron's left. 

Ron's face was set. He seemed to have taken "Scabbers'" true identity as a personal insult. The cat, Crookshanks, leapt lightly off the bed and led the way out of the room, his tail held high in triumph. 

Getting back into the tunnel was difficult. Remus, Peter, and Ron had to turn sideways to manage it. Remus still had Peter covered with his wand. Harry could see them edging awkwardly along the tunnel in single file. Crookshanks was still in the lead. Harry went right after Sirius, Hermione came next, and Nova followed supporting Severus as they walked. 

"You know what this means?" Sirius said abruptly to Harry as they made their slow progress along the tunnel. "Turning Pettigrew in?" 

"You're free," said Harry. 

 "Yes..." said Sirius. "But I'm also - I don't know if anyone ever told you - I'm your godfather."

 "Yeah, I knew that," said Harry.