Chapter 4

"Nova!"

"Nova!"

"Nova!"

"NOVA!" Remus yelled as he shook the woman awake. If looks could kill, he thought, he would be long gone at this point.

"Bloody hell, Remus! What's the matter with you!" Nova shouted as she stretched.

"We're almost to Hogwarts, Nova." Remus replied. "I figured it was high time you woke up."

"Oh... Well... Thank you for waking me up." Nova muttered reluctantly as her cheeks grew to be tinted a slight shade of red in embarrassment.

"Don't mention it." Remus replied flashing his sister a quick smile as the train slowed to a stop at Hogsmeade Station's platform. Nova quickly made sure she had her trunk before stepping out of the compartment and off the train.

She met Remus a couple of yards away and walked towards the carriages, getting onto one of the first ones. Not before Nova reached out a hand to tenderly stroke the thestrals pulling the carriage.

"So... now that we're alone... have you been practicing?" Nova asked bluntly. Remus looked panicked for a moment before opening his mouth. "Don't you even dare think of lying to me."

"N-no." The man replied reluctantly and avoided Nova's vibrant purple gaze.

"I knew it! So that's why you look like-" 

"Nova! Language!" Remus scolded her. Nova had the stones to look offended as he cut her off.

"What?! I didn't even curse!" She exclaimed and crossed her arms.

"No. But you were about to." Remus smirked.

"Says who?" Nova fired back at him. The bickering continued as the carriages made their way to the castle.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"Welcome!" Dumbledore said as he started his speech. Not much had changed about the school Nova had noticed since she had entered the building. In fact, one of the only things that had changed were the people on the faculty.

"Welcome to another year at Hogwarts! I have a few things to say to you all, and as one of them is very serious, I think it best to get it out of the way before you become befuddled by our excellent feast..." Dumbledore cleared his throat and continued, "As you will all be aware after their search of the Hogwarts Express, our school is presently playing host to some of the Dementors of Azkaban, who are here on Ministry of Magic business. They are stationed at every entrance to the grounds and while they are with us, I must make it plain that nobody is to leave school without permission. Dementors are not to be fooled by tricks or disguises — or even Invisibility Cloaks. It is not in the nature of a Dementor to understand pleading or excuses. I therefore warn each and every one of you to give them no reason to harm you. I look to the prefects, and our new Head Boy and Girl, to make sure that no student runs afoul of the Dementors. On a happier note, I am pleased to welcome three new teachers to our ranks this year.

"First, Professor Lupin, who has kindly consented to fill the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher." There was some applause and as the tired looking brunette stood and bowed slightly before sitting back down.

"Our second new appointment," Dumbledore continued as the applause for Professor Lupin died away. "Well, I am sorry to tell you that Professor Kettleburn, our Care of Magical Creatures teacher, retired at the end of last year in order to enjoy more time with his remaining limbs. However, I am delighted to say that his place will be filled by none other than Rubeus Hagrid, who has agreed to take on this teaching job in addition to his game keeping duties."

"As for our third newest addition," Professor Dumbledore marched on after he gave Hagrid a respectful applause. "Our dear Professor Binns, over the summer, appears to have realized that he has, in fact, been dead for quite some time. So taking his place will be Professor Nova Lupin, who has graciously accepted the position as Hogwarts' new History of Magic teacher."

The white haired woman with tanned skin stood to the applause. The students were too busy applauding the woman to notice all of the professors slightly smiling. Even Professor Snape could have been seen giving the tiniest smirk.

"And with that all settled," Dumbledore resumed with a smile after the applause settled down, "Dig in!"