~~epilouge~~

Ivy smiled as Gus engulfed her in his tattooed arm. "Oh, Gus I missed you!" She cried as she hugged him back.

"I missed you too, baby girl." He smiled and kissed her head. "I'm so sorry this happened."

"It's not your fault," she squeaked and felt the tears dwell. "I just wish got to see you before you died!"

"Hey, hey, it's okay. I'm here now. I always will be like you said in your Instagram post. You're the most important thing to me, Ivy. And you protected me. So I'm gonna return the favor and protect the most precious thing to you. Gustav and Stoner. I'll watch over all three of you. I don't us to meet up anytime soon." The blonde whispered. "Don't... Don't mourn over me, baby. I'm not worth that much trouble. Just focus on the new gift you got. A good fucking family. You got Stoner, Gus, Drew, Griff, and Corey. Okay?"

The girl just nodded as she buried her face into the boy's shirt. "Gus I don't want you to leave me again."

"Baby, I ain't leaving... I'm gonna always be with you. No matter what." Gustav kissed her head and rubbed her back. "Now you wake up and tell Stoner you love him. Do you understand that?"

Ivy nodded and wiped her tears with her sleep. "Can I say one last thing?" She asked as he was about to walk off. He turned and looked at her with an 'of course' look. "I'm sorry I wasn't there when-"

"Hey. What did I tell you? I read your whole post before it even came out of your head." He bit his lip, trying to hold back tears. "Okay, I gotta go check on Gus. If you need me, just go to sleep and I'll be there in a heartbeat. M'kay?"

"Okay," Ivy said, her voice cracking. "Gus... I love you."

"I love you too, baby girl."

Ivy shot up from bed with a tearstained face. Stoner's breath hitched and he shot up from the bed as well. "Babe, are you okay?"

"Gus he-" Suddenly, their son began crying. Stoner rushed to get him from the crib and went back to the bed. "Gus was in my dream."

"Is that why you're crying?" Stoner asked as he looked up from his son's face.

"Yeah." Ivy's eyes became teary once again at the thought. "He said he would look after us no matter what. And loved us... He read my Instagram post and said he'd check in on dad and Corey too. He said if I ever needed him, I just needed to go to sleep and he'd be there..."

"That's good," the brown-haired man mumbled as he stood, placing Gustav back into his crib. he got back in bed and pulled his girlfriend close. "Now go to sleep. Maybe you'll see Gus again."

"I kinda don't wanna see Peep again."

"Why?" Stoner asked softly, playing with Ivy's hair.

"I feel guilty." She stated, nodding slightly. "I wasn't there to stop from ODing..."

"Oh, kitten. No, don't think like that. Even if you were there, you couldn't have done anything." Stoner countered quietly. "You just need to realize the worst things happen to the best people. This won't be the last tragedy of your life because you're a phenomenal person. I don't know what the hell will happen, just be prepared for anything..."

The 33-year-old man looked down at Ivy and saw her asleep. He smiled softly, nuzzling his face into her silky, black hair. Stoner heard a door creak. He looked around and saw a shadow cast on the wall by the small nightlight they had between their closets so they wouldn't trip. On a normal night, there wouldn't be any shadows but, tonight there was.

The shadow was that of a 6-foot tall figure leaned over Stoner's son's crib. A smile formed on the man's lips as he turned over. "Goodnight, Peep. Thanks for everything you've done..." Stoner waited for a response but didn't get one for a couple of minutes. He sighed and closed eyes.

And as he did, a small, barely audible "goodnight," came before Stoner fell into a deep, dreamless sleep.