Jasmine?

I woke up in a daze, I was in my room. 'Had it all been a dream?' I thought, turning over to see Jasmine asleep beside of me. 'Guess so.' Jasmines' eyes fluttered open and she sat up, rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

"Hey Baebae." She said, yawning.

"Hey Jasmine, do you want something to eat?" I asked her, getting up. She nodded and said," I want a poptart, pwease." I smiled and we headed downstairs. She sat at the table while I fixed her poptart.

When she finished the poptart she asked,"Baebae, can we play Hide and Seek?" I thought for a second, then nodded. She smiled and hopped off of the chair, running to the door. I laughed as she jumped to reach the doorknob. When I walked over and opened the door, she was off.

"COUNT TO TEN BAEBAE," she yelled back. I started to count as she hid.

"Eight, Nine, Ten!" I shouted, looking for Jasmine. There was something off about this game though. I didn't hear her giggling when I got to her favorite hiding spot. I looked into the hole of the old oak wood tree. She was not there.

"Jasmine!" I yelled," Jasmine! Where are you!" I heard a devilish laugh off in the distance. My heart started to race and my breathing started to get heavier. I looked towards the woods, seeing nothing. Hearing nothing.

"Salem," someone said from behind me. I turned around and saw a note attached to the tree. It read:

"My eyes, I no longer trust, After what they have shown to me, My childhood burnt to dust, Nostalgia engulfed by the inferno, The flames of a cruel "reality," All at once, the unthinkable is thrown at me, The macabre weapons that seek out the mind, The Soulless Stare of an empty shell, Malice floods through its eyes, Madness is spread as it lies, Callused fingers are my guides, Through this inverted nostalgia ride, My mind further drifts from sanity, Further I fade from my security, Further I'm pulled into the Soulless Stare, A lonely statue, who only wants to "play," Once he comes, he's there to stay, The Soulless Stare that tells the tale of a madman, A tale unknown to the heart, A tale feared by the primal brain, The Soulless Stare of BEN, He's coming for me again..."

I felt tears run down my cheek, symbolizing that I was crying. 'I can't lose Jasmine, she is all that keeps me sane.' I crumpled the paper up and threw it far into the woods.

"We will keep her safe, for now," someone whispered into my ear. I quickly turned around, and saw no one. My reaction to this was to scream, so I did. I fell to my knees, crying.

For god knows how long, I was outside crying. My mother soon came home and ran out back when she heard my crying.

"Salem! Oh god! What happened?" My mother yelled," where is Jasmine?" Hearing her name made me cry even more.

"Th-they took her." I stuttered.

"Who took her Salem?"

"I-I don-nt kn-ow." My mother helped me into the house and up to my room. I laid there in the bed, crying until i finally fell asleep.

"Go. To. Sleep."