The Date

I did not know where to take Jeff on our date. I called the restaurant that I was going to take him to, to make a reservation, but it was closed. As I was looking out of the window at a stop light, I noticed a skating rink across the street. I smiled and and turned my left turn signal on, seeing that I was in a thru and left lane. When the light turned green I made a U-turn and drove into the parking-lot of the skating rink. Jeff looked at me, questionably.

"What is this?" He asked.

"This is a skating rink." I answered, smiling. I got out of the car before Jeff could protest, and walked over to open his door. He got out and opened his mouth, but I grabbed his hand and he shut it. I smiled and we headed inside.

"Two?" Asked the woman at the front. I nodded and she said," that will be ten dollars." I handed her the money and we opened the door to kids everywhere and music at an ear racking level. Jeff gripped my hand tighter than before. I could tell that he did not like it here, especially because of all of the people being here.

"How about we get our skates?" I yelled over the music. Jeff seemed iffy about it, but nodded anyway.

"We need shoes," I yelled, yet again, over the tune to the woman behind the counter.

"What sizes?" She asked, also yelling over the melody.

"I need a size thirteen, he needs a size.." I trailed off looking at Jeff's feet, he was wearing my shoes so his feet were not much bigger than mine. Jeff looked at his feet also and whispered into my ear, loud enough for me to hear," these are too small, how about a fourteen?"

"I guess he needs a fourteen," I told the lady who had already gotten my skates. She brought them out and we went to put them on.

"Why did you not tell me that my shoes were too small for you?" I asked once we sat down. He shrugged his shoulders and started to take his feet out of my shoes.

After I hat put my skates on, I had to help Jeff. He stared to giggle uncontrollably when he did not lift his foot up for me to put his other foot into the skate. I started to pout and he lifted it up, making me chuckle.

"You are silly," I laughed.

"Pfft, whatever," He said, crossing his arms. I looked at him, straight in the eyes, making us both smile. Thinking about it,"Jeff has not killed anyone since I left his house, he has not hurt me either. Maybe I am making him a better person." I smiled at the thought. After I finished fixing his skates, two girls walk over. They looked like the preppy I-Get-What-I-Want-No-Ifs-Ands-Or-Buts-About-It, type.

"Hey," Said one of them," I'm Crystal and this is my friend, Sandra." Sandra waved. Crystal had that high-pitched bitch voice.

"Um, hey?" I said with a questioning tone.

"You two seem lonely," Crystal said, sitting beside Jeff. I did not feel like telling her that I am gay and that we are dating, because I did not want another person to get in a fight with me about being, ' a disgrace to God.' I shrugged my shoulders and stood up.

"Jeff, are you ready to head out?" I asked, pointing towards the rink." He smiled and nodded, trying to stand up. The girls looked at me, like I was crazy for leaving them.

It had been a few hours of teaching Jeff how to skate and he finally got it down. We sat down for a few minutes and began to talk until a mans voice came over the intercom.

"Now for the couples skate! All couples that feel like it, come onto the dace floor." he said. I looked at Jeff and he looked at me. As we were about to get up, the two girls came back.

"Do you want to skate with us, as a couple?" Crystal asked.

"Um, no," I answered.

"Why?" Sandra asked.

"Because, you'll see why in a second." I said, smiling.

"Oh is your girl friend coming? You could do a whole lot better with me." She said, smiling. Jeff and I stood up and walked out onto the dance floor, making multiple people go either," awe!" or gasp. I turned around and started to skate backward as Jeff skated forward. They were playing Bruno Mars, Just the Way You Are, cover by Pierce the Veil.

Unknown Object

I looked at Jeff as the song went off and everyone who was not with a date started to skate again.

"I love you," I whispered into his ear, making him smile.

"I love you too," He said back, kissing me. We slowed down to get off of the rink to get something to eat.

We sat there eating our pizza and talking when the girls walked up to us again, this time with two other boys. Crystal was crying, it was obviously fake.

"He tried to kiss me!" She yelled to the guy that I assumed was her boyfrienda nd pointing at me.

"I did not kiss her, and for the record, I am gay." I said, making her boyfriend look at me in disgust. They walked off after making fag jokes

We got in the car and started to leave after a few hours of skating.

"That was the best night ever," Jeff said, smiling.

"Other than the absurd comments about us, yes it was." I said smiling back.