Trouble

Jeff and I walked got out of my car and started for my house. Once at the door Jeff grabbed my hand and I opened the door. When I opened the door, I was met with my mother, arms crossed, eyes blazing.

"Yes?" I asked, confused.

"Jasmine told me something interesting in the car." She said, spitting fire with every word.

"What did she tell you?"

"She said that you took my makeup bag and brought it upstairs. Why did you need my makeup? Are you hurt?"

"No, I did not. I do not know what you are talking about!" I lied, making it seem pretty believable.

"Go to your room. Jeff, you stay or go home. If you stay, you are staying in the guest room." Jeff bit his lip and walked over to me.

"I'm going to go home." He said and pecked my lips.

"Bye, Jeff." My mother and I said.

"Bye Penelope," he said to my mother," goodbye Salem, I love you." He smiled and started for the door.

"I love you too." He closed the door and I started for my room. Once inside of my room I sat down on my bed and turned my television to AMC's Fear Fest. Soon I fell asleep to Cujo.

I woke up to the sound of thunder and a flash of lightning. The thunder ended up shaking the house, causing the power to flicker. Soon the power was off, I know because my television went off and my phone light up, indicating that the power from the charger was interrupted/ cut off. I sat up and checked the time. Three O'clock. I sat up and started to rub my temples. When another bright flash of lightning hit, it was followed by a loud, cannon like, boom of thunder. I jumped up and started to shake. I felt warm arms wrap around me. I turned around to face Jeff. The makeup and latex was gone, so we had to be careful; his hair was still a dirty blonde.

"You know, you look cute when you are scared," he whispered.

"Shut up," I giggled. Suddenly, out of nowhere, another cannon like boom of thunder sounded, making us both jump. I fell on the bed, about to cry. I hate loud noises that come from nowhere. I felt Jeff wrap his arms around me. He kissed my neck, making me smile.

"Everything will be fine, I promise," he whispered," now, Go. To. Sleep." 'God how I have missed that line.' I thought.