Lazy Day

I looked at the ceiling as I awoke. My body was in immense pain as I was becoming aware of my surroundings. I sat up and looked at my sheets. I looked at my bed sheets and over at Jeff. There was blood everywhere, my body was sliced and cut. I took at deep breath, trying to mask the pain, and got up to take a shower, locking my door first. I heard Jeff mumble something. It was loud enough to hear. "I'm sorry." I let out a saddened sigh and walked into my bathroom to take a shower.

Once I walked into my room from taking my shower, I had noticed that Jeff was gone. There was a note on my bed, that was now clean. It read:

"Dear Salem,

I am sorry for leaving you. I am also sorry for hurting you, again. I took the liberty of replacing your sheets and making my way out. I might come back tonight, I do not want your mother to catch me here, if she does, she could kill me. Anyway, bye."

I bit my lip and crumpled the paper up. I felt a tear slip down my cheek thinking about Jeff not coming back. I took a deep breath and started to get dressed.

As I slipped my shirt on, I noticed Jeff's Jacket sitting in the corner of the room. 'He must have taken it off last night after the storm to let it dry,' I thought. I smiled and looked at the blood stains on it.'I wonder if he will get mad if I clean it. Not that it is going to matter anyway, seeing that he will just get blood and dirt on it again.' I shrugged my shoulders and walked out of my room and to the washing machine. I shoved the jacket in by itself and tossed some bleach in.

After what felt like hours of cleaning that jacket, it was finally white again. I smiled at my work and slipped it on. I heard our door open and close so I walked into the living room to see my mother, home from work.

"Is that new?" She asked, pointing at the Jacket.

"No, it's Jeff's," I said, smiling. She shook her head and walking into the kitchen saying," ahh young love." I stuck my tongue out.

"Next time I will cut your tongue off!" She yelled from the kitchen. I snickered and walked into Jasmines room, who was sleeping. I sat down on her bed and looked at the clock. Five. She still has to sleep for another thirty minutes. I took a deep breath and started for my room.