The Present

There in the box, was a necklace. It had a small golden knife and a silver heart on it. I pulled it out of the box and studied it.

"Salem I- What is that?" My mother asked, walking into my room. She does the not know that I am gay.

"Well, mom, its a necklace." I said. She gave me a questioning look.

"From?"

"My-uh.... well. I am dating someone."

"Who!" My mother yelled. I have not dated someone in four years.

"Well, they are-"

"Who is she!" My mother cut me off.

"Huh, mother, I am gay." Her eyes got big. She looked at me with a blank expression. We stood there for atleast five minutes. I let out a sigh and started for my door.

"Salem, when can I meet him?" My mother finally asked.

"I-I do not know." My mother sighed and walked out of my room. I walker over to my bed and sat down, looking at the necklace. Smiling, I picked it up and put it on.

"That looks perfect on you." I jumped up and turned around to see Jeff.

"Jesus, you scared me." I whispered, getting up and closing the door.

"So, your mother wants to meet me." Jeff said. I nodded.

"I want to meet her, but... ya know," he said, pointing at his mouth. I thought for a moment.

"Well, I have a friend.... she is good with makeup. Maybe she could..... cover it?

"Salem, that sounds wonderful but, what if they turn me in?"

"Huh, come here," I said, pulling him to my laptop. I opened up my friend, Kristen's facebook.

"What is this?" He asked.

"Huh, my friend adores you," I answered, pointing to her likes, cover, and photos. Jeff's face lit up. He does not know how famous he is. Well, in a good way.

"Do.... do people really... like me?" He asked. I nodded and pulled up Wattpad and Quotev. He looked at me questionably. I typed in 'Jeff The Killer' on both sites and showed them to him. He looked at them, the at me.

"Oh, oh my god." He said.

"See Jeff? Please, let me take you to her house," I begged. He let out a frustrated sigh, rubbing his temples."Fine."

"Thank you! Okay. Meet me outside in ten minutes and I'll drive you to her house." He nodded and jumpped out my window.

I headed outside after telling my mother that I was going to a friends house. Grabbing my keys from my pocket, I walked over to to my car to see Jeff sitting against the tire.

"Are you ready?" I asked. He nodded and stood up. I unlocked the car and Jeff and I hopped in. I turned the car on, and we were off.

We finally arrived at my friends house.

"Here we are. Put this on, just in case her mother answers the door," I said, handing him a jacket. He put the hood up and stepped out of the car. We walked up to their door and I knocked on the door. Just as I predicted, her mother answered the door.

"Salem! I talked to your mother! I'm glad you are alright! Who is your friend?"she asked, trying to look at Jeff's face.

"He is shy, please don't look at his face, you might startle him." I quickly lied. She nodded and motioned us inside.

"Kristen is upstairs." She said after closing the door. Once she did she walked.over to a crib where a little baby lay.

"Who is this little guy?" I asked.