Home

"R-really?" I asked, stuttering. Jeff let out a sad sigh.

"Yes." I thought for a moment. 'Should I leave Jeff... or stay. If I leave, he will be sad, but if I stay my family will be sad." Then the perfect thought hit me.

"Jeff, if I leave, I know you will be miserable, but, if I stay, I will be miserable. How about this, you can come visit." I said, after a moment of being lost in thought. I saw a smile pull and tug at the corner of his cut, and torn lips.

"I guess there is no harm in that, as long as no one finds out, other than the people in this house and you." I grinned and pulled Jeff into my arms, making him hug me. We pulled away from the hug and he gripped my hand, pulling me out of my room.

"Where are you two going?" Eyeless Jack asked.

"Out," Jeff answered, opening the door and pulling me out. After pulling the door closed, Jeff and I bolted off through the woods.

It has been about twenty minutes of constant running and I was running out of breath. I knew that my legs were going to go at any moment.

"J-J-Jeff." I stuttered out through heavy breaths.

"What?" he asked, still running.

"C-can...... we-e stop for a- m-momen-t?" As the question left my mouth, Jeff stopped dead in his tracks.

"Sorry, I forgot that I can run for longer periods of time than most people." He said, scratching the back of his head.

"I-its fi-ne." I sat down on a fallen tree and started to catch my breath. As I was sitting there, I excessively coughed, causing blood to come out. I spit the substance out and stood up.

"How about we walk the rest of the way?" I asked.

"Sure," He answered, smiling.

Soon I could see my house through the trees. I took a quick look at Jeff, he was glowering. I knew he did not like the thought of letting me go home, even after all of the things he has put me through. I clutched his hand and entangled our fingers together, making him blush a light shade of pink. He looked at our hands and smiled.

"W-well, it looks like we are here," Jeff said, still looking at our hands.

"It seems that we are." I said. Jeff let his head hang, looking at his feet. I took my free hand and pushed his head up to look at me.

"Jeff, do not be sad, you can come and visit whenever you feel like it. If my door is closed, my mother knows I am busy, she will knock before entering. I promise, no one will find out." I pecked his lips, making him blush a deeper shade of red. He started to smile and nod.

"I.... I love you, Salem," Jeff whispered. I smiled and looked directly into his grey eyes.

"I love you too, Jeff." I let go of his hand and started to walk towards my house; I took a quick look back to see Jeff waving. I let out a sigh and waved back. After I did, he ran back through the woods, back to his house.

It has been a few hours of being back home. Jasmine and my mother were so happy.

"Do you know what they looked like!?" My mother whisper yelled after Jasmine went in the living room to watch television.

"No mom, I do not." I lied.

"How can you not remember the person that did this?" She yelled, grabbing my arms and flipping them over to reveal the cuts that Jeff had left on me. I shrugged my shoulders and got up to go watch television with Jasmine.

"Just, from now on, be safe outside." My mother whispered to me ask I walked out. I nodded and sat down with Jasmine. She was watching "Fosters Home For Imaginary Friends" on Cartoon Network.