Hope?

I opened Jeff's door to see him, laying on his bed, face down, sobbing. I felt bad for making him like this.

"G-et ou-ut," he grumbled into the pillow.

"How did you know that I was in here?" I asked.

"I cou-ld here th-e door op-p-pen." Hearing him weep made my heart sink.

"Jeff-."

"Get the fuck out!" He screamed, this time, getting up. His face was stained with tears and blood. I backed up into the wall as he came close to me.

His hands were now plastered on the wall, on either side of my head. I bit my lip as I peered into his grey eyes.

"I you to get out," he snorted. I could still hear the hurt in his voice.

"No." I froze at the word that escaped my mouth. Never in my life had I been so scared. He looked at me with a barren face. He shook his head and looked down. I heard him chuckle and then he gazed back up at me, with lust in his eyes. He soon had a sharp knife in his hand, that I pictured puncturing my heart, making me go lip. Before he had time to slice me up, I leaned in and kissed his lips, softly. I could tell he was in shock, but he kissed back. When I pulled away I saw the aghast look on his face.

"Wh-wha-." I put my finger to his lip.

"Shh," I whispered. He closed his mouth. I walked over to the door and opened it, saying," Jeff, I'm sorry I hurt you. Please, do not hate me." I walked out, closing the door behind me. I could have sworn I heard him whisper, " I love you," as I left, but I shook it off, and walked back to my room.