The Sleepover

"In the meantime, let's play some games!!"

___________________

Lee Jaemin

Through the whole night, my head kept humming and pressure would push through one side to the next.

I was able to ignore most of them, but the other times, I'd have to stop talking to be able to bear through the pain.

"How about... Truth or Dare!" Jiseok suggested.

"Seriously, Seok? That's such a typical sleepover game. What about... just Dare or Dare?" I frown.

"That's typical too!!!" He protested.

"Oh my god, at least it's not as typical and simple as Truth or Dare!! You actually have to do dares in this game!!" I rolled my eyes.

"How about we play a card game?"

"Like what."

"Geez, stop being so snarky. Uno? Idiot? Speed?" He listed.

"MAO!! My favorite card game to play with family! I know all the rules, but you'll probably lose really quickly."

"Um... okay."

I grabbed my deck of cards from my bedside table and removed the cards. I quickly shuffled them.

"How many cards do we get at a time?" Jiseok asked.

"It varies, but we're going to be getting twelve cards in our hand each," I answered handing him twelve cards I pulled from the deck. I took twelve cards and looked at them.

A Queen of Hearts, Queen of Diamonds, King of Spades, 7 of Cloves, 8 of Hearts, 9 of Spades, 2 of Diamonds, 3 of Spades, 10 of Cloves, Jack of Hearts, 5 of Diamonds, and a 6 of Spades.

"Penalties starting... now!" I exclaimed.

"Wait, penalties-!?"

"Penalty for talking!" I shouted, taking a card from the top of the deck and placing it in his hand.

"What?! Penalty for talki-"

"Penalty for talking." I handed him another card. I see it in his eyes as he realizes he isn't supposed to talk. He sighed and placed down a Queen of Spades.

I waited a few seconds. "Penalty for not saying Queen of Spades. Penalty for not hailing Queen of Spades."

"WHAT?!"

"Penalty for talking."

"WHAT?!?!"

"Penalty for talking!!"

I placed down my 6 of Spades. "6 of spades," I said.

Jiseok slowly placed down a King of Hearts. He didn't say anything. "Penalty for not hailing King of Hearts," I grinned, giving him a card.

He let out a groan of frustration, and I laughed at his face. He gasped and took a card from the pile, causing me to frown.

"Penalty for laughing!!!!" He shouted, giving me a card. I picked it up and placed it in his hand. "Penalty for giving false penalties."

I placed down my 7 of Cloves. "Happy birthday."

Jiseok widened his eyes and frowned. He then placed down a 5 of Spades. "5 of Spades..." He said slowly.

I waited a few seconds. "Penalty for not slapping the 5."

"THAT'S A PENALTY?! Now you're just shitting me and you're trying to make me lose."

"Penalty for talking." He shut up. Thank you. I placed down my 5 of Diamonds and slapped it. Jiseok slowly put a 2 of s
Spades.

"2 of Spades!" He exclaimed. I nodded my head and he silently cheered. We finished playing Mao, and of course, I won the game. We decided to play Truth or Dare anyways.

"Alright, I'll go first. Truth or Dare?" Jiseok said.

"Dare. I like dares."

"I dare you to... sing one of your favorite songs as loud as you can. Outside."

He smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"You think that's bad? Wait till you get to my dares." I stood up and left my room. I walked out the front door and saw some of my neighbors still outside.

Jiseok was behind me, holding up his phone. I cupped my hands around my mouth.

"How about... Fire? BULTAOREUNE, FIRRRREEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! FIIIIIRRRRRRREEEEE!!!!"

"Aaand I'm done." I finished and walked back inside my house. Jiseok burst out laughing. We went back to my room.

"Did you hear that?" He asked.

"Hear what?" I raised an eyebrow. Jiseok stood up and walked outside, with me following. I heard someone. A faint shout filling my ears. Someone was replying to me by screaming fire!

Jiseok and I started screaming back the lyrics, bursting out in laughter as we walked back inside when the girl screamed "HELL YEAH!!!" when we finished.

"Okay. Truth or Dare?" I asked when we calmed down.

"Dare...?" He mumbled.

"I dare you to yell your name out the window, and then tell an embarrassing story about an ex."

"Aish!!!" Jiseok exclaimed.

He opened my bedroom window and stuck the top half of his body out. "MY NAME IS SONG JISEOK AND MY EX TOLD ME I WAS HER SNEAKY LINK BEFORE RIGHT WE BROKE UP!!!!"

"Damn, are you okay??" I widened my eyes, closing the window.

"Hell yeah I am. If I wasn't, I wouldn't be dating Jimi," he smiled. We sat down on the floor and did a few more rounds.

"Wanna build a bed fort?" Jiseok asked.

I nodded my head and grabbed a large blanket and a small one. I handed him the small one and told him to set it up on the smaller open end of the bunk bed.

I jumped up on the bottom bunk and started to stuff the long end of the blanket into the side of the top bunk. After a minute, I was finished.

"LET'S SET UP FAIRY LIGHTS!!! It's gonna be so cute!" Jiseok squealed.

"Ooh good idea!"

After half an hour, we managed to set up the fairy lights. I threw a bunch of snacks and candy onto the bottom bunk. Jiseok moved the blanket to the side and we went into our mini fort.

"When should we go to sleep?" He asked. I shrugged.

"I'm just gonna stay up on my phone. You can go to sleep. If you wake up before me, you better not look at my soulmate sign.

I want to be the first person to see it. If I find out you saw it before me, I will kill you. Byeeeee," I leaned back and started looking around for newfound drama or stuff like that on my phone.

It was about 11 o'clock when Jiseok had gone to sleep. I stayed on my phone, listening to music while reading stories. After about an hour and a half, I decided to go to sleep as well.

It was 12:34 AM, and I knew I shouldn't stay awake for too long. I set my phone down, unplugging my earphones from it. I kept my music on and fell asleep listening to it.