The Severing

And just like that, I felt our bond weakening.

_________________

Lee Jaemin, September 2nd

I knew I had done something wrong right when I walked away. Or at least, made something wrong. My chest felt tighter, and I felt sadder.

The signal that I had always felt with Taehyung felt so much weaker. How come I reacted that way? It wasn't even that big of a deal.

I know where he's coming from, especially since I'm his soulmate... My feelings shouldn't even matter. Why am I so fucking stupid?

I just ruined the bond I had with Taehyung by walking away. Maybe it's because of how I feel about him? I mean, yeah it still sort of hurts but that can't seriously be the reason our bond was weakened.

Right? I don't want our bond to be ruined. I love him. I know I do... So why is our bond so weak now? Maybe we can visit a-

No, it's way too expensive, even if my soulmate is like, a billionaire or something. I refuse to use his money.

I'm going to apologize to Taehyung when we get to the hotel. I followed right behind the Bangtan boys for a few minutes before we reached where our luggage would arrive.

I had to wait a while because they had a lot of suitcases that they had to store under the airplane instead of on top with the seats. 10 minutes later, we finally got everything.

We walked out of the airport. There were maybe 3 vans waiting outside. We climbed into them and sat down. Taehyung was seated at my right and Jungkook on my left.

I contemplated whether to hold Taehyung's hand or not have any contact with him at all. My hand was practically shaking to feel his warmth.

Before I knew what I was doing, my hand rushed towards his and grabbed it tightly. I hadn't even looked at him, but I could feel his gaze on me.

I didn't dare meet his eyes. I could feel him slowly gripping my hand back. How are we going to be able to rebuild our bond? Would we really need to visit a specialist?

Just to see what happened with our soulmate bond... But what if we find out something we don't like? Would it be a waste of our time or would it help us get through everything?

I closed my eyes and leaned my head back into the seat. I don't want our relationship to be so awkward...

I don't want to keep my mouth shut just because of some stupid argument that wasn't even important. I feel so selfish!!

I yelled at Taehyung because I felt like he wasn't paying attention to how I felt about the situation, but all he was doing was just trying to be a good boyfriend and soulmate.

And look at what I did. I ruined our bond over something I shouldn't have even said anything about.

What kind of person am I? What kind of girlfriend am I? What kind of soulmate am I? I need to stop thinking about it until Taehyung and I actually talk about it...

After a while, the vans stopped moving and the car door opened. Bang PD had opened it.

He motioned with his hands that we could walk out.
As we exited the vans, I tried to peer into the hotel, but my view was blocked by a crap ton of bodyguards and other people.

"Protocol for idol's soulmates, you have to cover your face so no one can take a picture of it and post it online to spread rumors," Jungkook whispered to me.

"Oh right," I nodded my head in understanding, lowering my head to my hair would be in the way of my face. A few moments later, I heard multiple screams, as well as cameras shuttering, from all around us.

Fans.

"We can talk more while we're inside though," he continued. I hummed in response and just followed his and Taehyung's feet, making sure to avoid tripping.

We entered the building and the screams quieted down. "You can look up now," I heard a deep voice call out.

I realized it was Taehyung when I had actually looked up. "Oh my god..." I gasped. The hotel was beautiful and very clean.

There were probably hundreds of people just on the first floor! The ceilings were also very tall with multiple chandeliers hanging.

There were large couches and chairs set all around the lobby room, which were taken up by people already.

One of the crew members stepped up to the lobby worker or whatever you call them and asked him for the keys to our rooms.

She immediately recognized the members and handed the crew member the room keycards. Then, the crew member distributed them out to the members.

"The members will be sharing their rooms with their soulmate," Bang PD told us. We all nodded and hummed in response and headed up to our rooms.

Taehyung unlocked our door, and we stepped in wordlessly, setting our things down. But I couldn't hold myself back. I couldn't even handle 20 minutes without talking to him for some stupid ass reason.

We glanced at each other before I walked toward him and hugged him.

"I'm sorry about earlier," I whispered, wrapping my arms around his neck tighter.

"I'm sorry too. I should have stopped when you told me to," he mumbled.

"It's okay. I should have realized that you were just trying to help."

After that, we lied on the bed in silence again, but this time it was comforting. We didn't really care about our clothes.

They were comfortable to us already, so why should we change? A few minutes later, I fell asleep, relaxing into Taehyung's arms and chest.