The Flight

"9:30 AM flight 287, Gate 13, flying from Seoul, South Korea to New York, United States, Group A, please board your plane."

_________________

Lee Jaemin, September 1st

I stood up, hearing the announcement. I grabbed my things, slinging my backpack over my shoulder and pulling the handle up on both my suitcases.

I walked over to the line, near the front, as I pulled my ticket out from my pocket. When I reached the doors, I showed them my ticket and thanked them when they allowed me to pass.

I strolled passed the doors and walked down the pathway, rolling my things onto the plane. When I found my seat, I quickly brought my things into the pod and lifted the suitcase into the compartment above.

When I managed to fit my whole suitcase inside, I slid the empty suitcase next to it. Finishing with that, I closed the compartment and sat down in my seat. I figured that Taehyung would be sitting next to me for the plane ride.

I don't really know why Taehyung wants to prank the boys, but I mean, I don't mind. After a while, the crew announced that we were taking off soon.

Thank goodness I got a window seat and not one of the seats in the middle. I love looking out the window when taking off, but I honestly don't know why.

After a couple of minutes, I heard the pilot talking.

"Hello, this is your pilot. We will be taking off in about 5 minutes. Please make sure all belongings are under your chair or in the pocket in the seat in front of you, as well as your seatbelt being tight.

Flight attendants will be doing a quick check around the airplane. Please wait patiently, and enjoy your flight. Thank you!" He said.

I strapped myself in and slipped my backpack under my chair. Soon, a flight attendant had checked me, making sure my seatbelt was right and that nothing was loose in my pod.

"Thank you," I said as she walked off. I heard her say 'you're welcome' though. At least she wasn't rude. "We will be taking off shortly. Thank you!" The pilot said.

Less than 30 seconds later, I felt the plane start to move. It rolled backwards and to the side before moving forwards. We turned to the right and that was when we started accelerating.

I felt as we lifted off and I stared out the window, watching the scenery *wink wink* grow smaller as we flew higher. After a few minutes, the seatbelt sign turned off.

I looked to my right and realized Taehyung was seated next to me

I turned forward as well and saw a TV in front of me. How had I not seen this? I've been on this plane for like, 20 minutes, tops. I picked up the remote that was on the table and pressed the power button.

The TV turned on and showed a familiar home menu. "Oh hey! This is exactly like my TV!" I said to myself.

There was already some apps on the TV that I could use, but I didn't want to go through the trouble of signing into my account, so I just decided to use my laptop and phone only.

As I was plugging my earbuds into my phone, Taehyung had texted me.

Tae-Tae 💜

Sunday, 9:46 AM

Hey, you doing okay over there?

Yeah, but I'm just wondering...

Why can't you just come inside
my cabin or whatever?

Because the others don't know
that you are on the plane.

Well, YET, but.

Oh yeah!

I forgot about the prank.

How are we going to finish
it??

I have a small plan.

And it involves a little bit of
this and a little bit of that.

Maybe some acting too.

Acting?

Yup!

Why would acting be needed...?

I'll be walking into your cabin
right now.

Wait what?
Read 9:49 AM

Really, Taehyung?

Kim Taehyung

I stepped into Jaemin's cabin and saw her staring at me with a blank look on her face. "What?" I asked. As she opened her mouth to say something, I interrupted her.

"Okay, Plan A is, I'll be heading to your cabin occasionally during the plane ride. When the plane lands and we're off the plane, we'll kiss in front of the members and their soulmates.

Then we'll tell them we're soulmates and that you're actually Jaemin. If that doesn't work, Plan B comes in."

"And what is Plan B?" Jaemin asked. "I... haven't had enough time to come up with it," I answered sheepishly.

"How about this? Plan B is we show them our ankles." She suggested.

"That actually sounds pretty good. What a team we are!" I exclaimed. We high-fived each other and I left her cabin with a grin on my face.

When I closed the door, I turned around and saw Jungkook staring at me in horror.

"Hyung, why are you going into a girl's cabin? And it's not Jaemin's if she's not here! Are you having an... an affair?!" He exclaimed.

"Jungkook, shush," I muttered. "O- okay..." He mumbled uncomfortably, shifting around in his seat.

I nodded my head and went back to my cabin, settling down in my chair. After a few minutes, I fell asleep, not even meaning to.

When did I ever get this spontaneous?

____________________________

Thank you for the votes and reads! I'm actually pretty shocked my story got any reads at all, because I know it's super cringy and it has a ton of typos.

Every time I get a notification that someone voted on my story, it brightens my mood and just makes me happy. My friends think I'm weird because I just randomly look at my phone and then smile.

Thank you, again! Love you!

edit: middle school me was so bad at writing but at least i knew it💀 even now, i'm kinda bad but whatever!
june 21, 2023