Chapter 20) Revenge

Akari slept all day, waking long hours later as if by an alarm. It's time. Once again wrapping herself in the cloak she ate quickly and stole into the night. Knowing Yagura she knew that at this time, when the night finally quieted and the world seemed at peace, he enjoyed walking on the moonlit beach. How often he'd mentioned it, saying that if she could behave perhaps he'd allow her to accompany him in time. She'd heard rumors over the years regarding him and knew that he now had a wife and child; hopefully this one habit of his hadn't changed. Silently she made her way through the shadows of the rundown buildings in this area. Finally arriving at the cliff overlooking the beach she looked down and her eyes narrowed. Focusing she went into a partial sage mode, her eyes turning golden and her teeth sharpening. Her ears too changed, becoming more pointed. Below her was the grey spiked hair she knew so well. Suppressing a shiver Akari sent a rainstorm of weapons down, each attached to a paper bomb. Yagura's tailed beast mode erupted as the tails swatted away the bombs just as they exploded. Akari hadn't waited for this, throwing a handful of Deidara's detonating clay only a moment after. They were small and dark, blending in with the night. Some were swatted away with the paper bombs but no way he'd gotten all of them.

  Some were swatted away with the paper bombs but no way he'd gotten all of them

"Katsu!"  She ordered, making the hand sign

"Katsu!" She ordered, making the hand sign. Explosions erupted all over the beast as he roared, looking for the source of the voice and attack, finding her furious face.

"You." He snarled in alarm and anger, his voice altered terribly by the tailed beast.

Throwing shuriken he swatted them away but they weren't Akari's goal, just a distraction. Teleporting instead to one that was on the ground near his feet she'd already began her jutsu; quickly forming chakra in her palm and spinning it multiple directions she landed a hit with her rasengan, knocking the jinchūriki back as he roared out. For a brief second she thought she'd won but no - he was still coming, forming a beast bomb as his tails whipped out to hit her. Teleporting farther from him he let the bomb fly. She only barely managed to escape and then he was on top of her as she was gathering chakra again, putting lightning with the wind style of her father's this time, a move she'd been working on for what seemed like forever. He slashed at her as she jumped at him, releasing the jutsu and simultaneously going into full sage mode. (Previously she hadn't thought she'd need to resort to this). She kept the rotation going as it bore into him, his tails whipping her simultaneously.