Chapter 33) Hot Springs: Round 2

In late October while Akari was on a mission in the Land of Wind (stealing a scroll containing a secret jutsu) she was again called to work on an extraction but this time was alone. I wonder who found one this time? The answer came quick enough, though the view of the beast which had been forced inside of Rin and had since resided in Yagura made Akari's blood run cold. This one she enjoyed sealing even if it wasn't set inside of her old tormentor and she had to continually remind herself that she'd already killed that bastard. 

 Toward the end of the extraction Hidan began bitching about Kakuzu's obsession with money. Apparently just before the extraction they'd killed Asuma and Akari temporarily stopped breathing. Yes Asuma had always been blunt and followed commands more than he should (he too was part of the problem) but overall he was a nice person and Akari cringed at the recollection of their last meeting. Swiftly she put it out of her mind and wished her friends good luck while warning them to be careful - she assumed that the Leaf would be after them. She knew she sounded like she was going soft but she stressed they be careful and quick about getting out of there. Hidan responded by laughing at her while Kakuzu gave her one of those 'You're overreacting' looks. Everyone else left but again Akari waited.

"Please be safe Kuzu. I know you call yourself immortal but you can still die and I don't want to-"

"Calm down Akari."

"I know the guy you killed and his friends - some of them are good fighters and they're not all as obtuse as Asuma. They might figure out your strategies. Especially Hidan's.."

"Damn bitch calm the fuck down, I can't die."

"Fine fine, see you both soon." Akari left, returning back to where Reo was waiting for her, where he had been for days guarding her body.

Three days later Pain summoned them to inform them that Hidan and Kakuzu were no more. Akari stayed silent during the meeting but when she finished she immediately punched a tree, nearly breaking her hand. "FUCK!" She yelled. "FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!" No one was around to hear her yelling, no one but the animals in the damned forest. She needed to let off steam, and what better way to do it than to blow stuff up? She set off to find something to help her feel better. Before she had that opportunity Pain summoned them all again, this time with good news. Orochimaru was FINALLY dead - killed by Sasuke Uchiha. Deidara volunteered to go take care of Sasuke, and Akari knew that Itachi would go next in case Dei failed. After all, he wanted Sasuke to kill him. Akari went to the closest of Orochimaru's known hideouts and blew it apart. She felt very slightly better.

"Ooh, Deidara-senpai!  She's so SCARY when she's angry!"  Akari whipped around to see Tobi trying to hide behind Deidara

"Ooh, Deidara-senpai! She's so SCARY when she's angry!" Akari whipped around to see Tobi trying to hide behind Deidara.

"Dei! Tobi!'

"Get a little over excited, hm?" Deidara smirked.

"Ugh. Just a little."

"Is Yuri-chan still going to blow up things?" Tobi poked his head out from behind Deidara.