Chapter 53) Volcano

In the 9 months since officially becoming the Hokage life had continued in a relatively stable manor

In the 9 months since officially becoming the Hokage life had continued in a relatively stable manor. Missions continued and the renovations to the village were mostly complete. Currently Kakashi was behind his desk, his head resting on his hand as he tried to rest for a minute. The never ending paperwork was exhausting and all he wanted was a break. Glancing around he created a shadow clone, leaving it in his place to work while escaping out the window. Finding a quiet spot in a tree he took out a book and leaned his head against the tree trunk. This was Exactly why he'd never had the goal of becoming the hokage.

Each day was similar but different. Today he was going over farming reports - the abnormally hot summer had caused droughts in some areas and he'd have to send shinobi out to help with irrigation. The door opened and Kakashi sighed thankfully at the sight of Shikamaru. Shikamaru had proven incredibly helpful as his right hand man and he knew that in this moment he wouldn't have to focus quite so hard because Shikamaru would do it instead.

"What's the report today?" He asked casually, leaning back in his chair.

"Not much, more of the same stuff. The droughts are continuing everywhere. The land of Wind has sent over plans for the next chunin exams - they want it to be held there." Kakashi nodded at this; all of this was fine.

"Fine, that's alright. You want to write a response or go in person to discuss the chunin exams?"

"I'll go in person."

"Good. Coordinating with Temari?"

"Yes, I'll go tomorrow." Just as Shikumaru was making to leave he turned back. "Oh yeah, one other thing. There's a volcano in the northwest that began erupting a few days ago. Just found out about it today. By my calculations it shouldn't reach us. It's relatively small but the Land of Demons Wood and Caves might end up asking for assistance. It's a drag but they aren't very populated. It shouldn't take much work. The real problem is going to be the animals - large animals have been trying to escape and coming into more populated areas."

The land of Demon Wood and Caves. Kakashi thought uneasily. He knew that Akari spent much of her time in that region and nodded, standing to go.

"Where are you going?"

"I need to have Hidan check on Akari."

"Why? She can just teleport if she's in a dangerous area.

"Yes but can you imagine Naruto's reaction if he finds out I didn't check on her."

Shikamaru gave an understanding grin and Kakashi's clone vanished.  In the tree Kakashi looked up, mildly concerned and set off.

Hidan now lived in a house on the outskirts of the city.

"What the fuck do you want?" The voice called out as Kakashi knocked on the door. A moment later the door opened, the immortal looking out, annoyed. Kakashi was about to step inside when he noticed a girl tied up in the corner and averted his gaze. Hidan stepped outside to join him.