Chapter 40) Realizations

~Leaf village~

Every muscle ached. With more effort than it should have taken Kakashi opened his eyes and nearly jumped out of his bed in surprise. The large dark eyes and eyebrows of Rock Lee were right above his own, Lee's face splitting into a huge grin.

"Kakashi-sensei, you are Awake!"

"No way bushy brow - he's really awake?"

"Yes, his eyes are open!"

"Lee, personal space please." Kakashi sighed, glad that Lee listened and backed up a few steps. "How long have I been out for?"

"Six days Sensei! Naruto just woke up today as well. He was telling me about his fight with Sasuke when you woke up!"

"And how is Sasuke?"

"He will be fine sensei, but like Naruto he has lost an arm."

"Ahh, I see. Tell me then Lee, how is Guy?"

"He is going to LIVE Kakashi-sensei. Lady Tsunade got a letter saying so two days ago! I am going with the group to get him in a week and a half!"

Kakashi frowned at this. Having followed Naruto to where he fought Sasuke and then blacking out while carrying the blonde he'd heard nothing regarding events following the war.

"What do you mean? Where is he?"

"Guy-sensei is in the Hidden Rain with the rest of the severely injured shinobi from the battle."

"How did the Rain get our shinobi? What's our plan to retrieve them?" Naruto was listening, curious and attentive.

"Oh no sensei, you are behind the times! Actually, you are too Naruto. The Rain is doing us a favor."

"Start from the beginning Lee." Kakashi held the bridge of his nose with two fingers, praying for patience.

"Yeah come on bushy brows, spit it out!"

"Well you see, after we were released from the dreams and those cocoons an Akatsuki member appeared out of nowhere. Of course everyone attacked her but she blocked everything without even using dangerous jutsu! It was Incredible!! She told us to stop attacking because she didn't want the bodies of the dead - she was standing near them - to get injured. Tenten attacked again and a Leaf shinobi I do not know defended her. Anyways, the Tsuchikage said that her name was Yuri the Assassin but Shikamaru said that she was actually the daughter of the fourth Hokage. Gaara vouched for her even though she was one of the ones who extracted his tailed beast and then she made a bunch of shadow clones and took the injured to the Hidden Rain. Oh yes - she is in charge of the Hidden Rain." Lee finally finished his explanation, took a deep breath, and turned to see the two bedridden ninja staring at him.

"When you say she's the daughter of the fourth..." Kakashi started, hope and disbelief awakening inside of him.

"No way! No way I have an older sister - How would Shikamaru know anyways? If I had a sister I wouldn't have been alone growing up! And no way she'd be a member of the Akatsuki - I met Yuri the Assassin once. If she was my sister, why wouldn't she have told me and why would she join a group that wanted me dead?!"

"I-I do not know." Lee frowned, looking confused.

"Naruto, you did have a sister." Kakashi started, both teenagers staring at him. "But Akari was said to have died a long time ago."

"What, like how Obito died?! Sensei, are you saying you know her??!"

"I used to. We used to train together when we were younger. She's four years younger than I am."