Chapter 15.5) Akatsuki

Unsure of where to go next Akari spent some time in the Land of Rivers, relaxing by the lovely rivers and streams that it was named after. The leaves were a beautiful array of autumn hues and the area offered peace. Often she thought about the little boy from the Sand and hoped that he would be ok - almost as often as she thought about Naruto. He'll be fine though. He has the hokage, Kakashi, Haru, Kenji, sensei, Kurenai, and all the others watching out for him and helping to raise him. From the Land of Rivers she moved North to the Land of Rain. As expected it was quite rainy, a very cold rain, so Akari didn't plan to stay too long. Plan was the key word.

Akari was eating at a dumpling shop when she noticed someone wearing the same cloak that Juzo had worn years ago when she'd last seen him. This man was hunched over and ugly, with cornrows for hair but with lots of bald space between the hair. He stopped and stared at her. With a 'the fuck do you want?' look she kept eating and he left. Note to self, there are creepy guys around here so let's avoid them. Ok, let's continue on to the Land of Fire and leave it at that. I kinda miss the snow and if I head northish I might catch some soon. As she walked away from the shop Akari felt twitchy. Dammit, and this is why I absolutely HATE sensory type shit. She thought, looking over her shoulder. Now where oh where is the ninja at? Come out come out, wherever you are. Turning the corner she stopped in her tracks, the creepy guy ahead of her.

"So it's you huh?" Her eyes narrowed "The creep from the dango shop."

"You little brat, you're lucky they took an interest in you."

"They who?"

"The Akatsuki." These two words froze Akari's tongue as she stared at him. This weirdo is part of that group? Guess the cloak makes sense but still... Lame. I already told Juzo no.

"Oh yeah, I've heard of you guys. I'm good though thanks."

"This isn't an invitation, it's an order."

"You're sooo funny." She pulled out a handful of shuriken and threw them in a 360 degree circle. Unable to keep from smirking she shifted slightly, ready.

"Heh." Suddenly needles shot from his mouth at her. She dodged quickly, teleporting and shooting a fireball jutsu back at him. The two fought for nearly twenty minutes before Akari managed to strike him with her lightning infused sword. The annoying puppet fell apart and as the smoke cleared she couldn't help but stare. He was beautiful. There was no other word for him. Simply beautiful. Flawless. He reminded her of an older version of that child Gaara.

"Who are you?"  She hadn't asked earlier but now she was curious

"Who are you?" She hadn't asked earlier but now she was curious.

"I am Sasori of the Red Sand."

"Hmm. The puppetmaster, huh?"

"You've heard of me?"

"Of course."