Chapter 26) Leader-sama (Contains Lime)

The two didn't speak as they made their way East - a day and a half straight to the closest one of their hideouts to perform the extraction. It was a little uncomfortable, traveling with the leader. Akari didn't know what to say or if she was even supposed to say anything, so she didn't until she needed to. How do I do this? Address him as Leader-sama or Pain? I guess it's safest to go formal...

"Leader-sama?" He didn't respond. "I'm sorry, but could we stop for a moment?"

"Do I have to carry you too?" The condescending tone annoyed Akari. I didn't ask you to carry him!

"I just have to pee, if you'd give me a minute." At this Pain stopped walking and set the body down. "Thank you." Making her way a little farther away she found a decent place to squat, the intense painful pressure of a full bladder finally relieved. Finally. Ugh, that was painful. When she rejoined Pain it was to find that he'd started a fire.

"You should eat food. Your chakra must be low." YES Food!! This statement had Akari's whole body relaxing and with a grateful sigh that was slightly too audible (she didn't want to seem weak) she dropped next to the fire. The heat from the fire felt glorious on her face. If she had to guess she'd place the time around one or two in the morning. Reaching into her pocket she withdrew a bag of dried mangos and popped one in her mouth, unable to keep from smiling at the delicious taste. From the other side of the fire those rinnegan eyes watched her intently. You don't need to be so intense All the time. She wanted to yell, but kept herself composed.

"Would you like some?" She offered, holding the bag out. He frowned and rose from where he was sitting, coming to sit next to her and held out a hand. She poured a few into his palm. Picking one up with his other hand he examined the orange food and then with a tentative look ate it. As he chewed she watched his expression change to one of approval. How has he never had these before? I mean, I guess they grow mostly in the Land of Tigers but has he not traveled and experienced the world? That's just sad.

"It's good."

"Yes. From the Land of Tigers. They require a tropical climate to grow."

He nodded and then reached into his own pocket, producing beef jerky and offered her the bag. With a grin she took a few.

"Thanks"

"You as well."

They both set their snacks between them and spent a little while just relaxing. It was peaceful and for a time Akari didn't think about the fact that he was her boss. She could feel her chakra returning slowly but surely to her as well as the bruises and muscle aches that were sure to come soon. Moving her head from side to side she attempted to stretch her neck, then rolled her shoulders back. She'd taken a bit of a beating, though the attacks had been mostly blunt. Next to her Pain moved, rising, and she made to do the same.

"No, stay there." She did as he instructed and was surprised when he walked only to the space behind her and sat. Large hands were on her shoulders and she had to suppress to urge to wriggle away. What the hell? "Relax." Pain ordered sternly, which did not have the effect he'd most likely hoped for. Her whole body went stiff. "Akari." The word was almost a threat and she steadied herself, deliberately took deep slow breaths and willed the tension to leave her back. He's supposed to call me Yuri. Thumbs began to knead as he spoke again, this time in a whisper. "Relax." Giving up with a sigh Akari tried to imagine it was someone else rubbing her back - Konan for example. This trick worked and soon the large hands and strong fingers were working magic on the many knots in her upper back especially. When the hands finally left her back Akari automatically leaned backwards to bring herself closer to this god of back massages. Arms encircled her waist and she nuzzled into his chest.