Chapter 4 - Escape

Alina sat on the wolfs bed. Mate! She repeated in her head, what was wrong with this man! No scrap that what was wrong with her? She let some stranger kiss her! She let him and she revelled in it, every single moment. Her whole body felt like it had been aching with a loneliness she hadn't been aware of and he was there filling the void she hadn't been aware had existed.

Sure she felt lonely since she and Michael had broke up, well since he had broken up with her but the moment he had touched her she had felt a fulfilment she hadn't been aware she was missing.

"Get a grip Al!" She shouted at herself. She had basically threw herself at the handsome stranger and truth be told she would do it again and again and again.

The moment he had opened the door to her small prison she had felt a comfort she hadn't felt before when she had looked up at him her body had hummed to life.

It wasn't until they were in the bedroom that she had been able to look at him properly though and part of her wished for the darkness again. He was so beautiful it was hard not to weep just looking at him. His hair the colour of a raven's wing his eyes the colour of emerald, he had a strong jaw dark thick lashes surrounded his piercing eyes and his body, holy fucking hell she had felt herself getting wet just looking at him. She felt like a teenager her hormones in control.

Alina rose from the bed and made her way to the door. Ryder, even his name made her shiver with an unknown need, had left about 15 minutes ago surely it was safe now? She placed her hand on the door handle and pushed down, she had half expected it to be locked so was pleasantly surprised when the large oak door opened.

Taking a deep breath Alina moved out into the hallway, it looked different when she wasn't hanging off of someone's shoulder. She began to walk along the corridor, her aim was the stairs because she assumed that would lead to an exit somewhere. Turns out, she was right! She saw the door her freedom was looming!

As she flung the door open and stepped outside she wasn't sure what she had expected but she wasn't expecting what she currently gazed upon. It was like a small medieval village, there were market stalls, small homes and people everywhere. It was at least half nine at night and yet people were walking around not paying her no heed which was something she was grateful for.

She had not expected this considering she had been brought here under the arms of two men whilst unconscious, in fact everything looked well, normal. There were no villains standing by the door there weren't any weapons of mass destruction, there weren't any gangs on corners. No everyone seemed happy. She walked forward immersing herself amongst the people and within seconds had been offered some form of food which apparently had been free.

Alina had every intention of fleeing but she couldn't help be drawn in by the people around her, she wandered from stall to stall and each person spoke to her like they had met her a thousand times before. She had missed this, missed people who spoke to her rather than avoided her like the plague as much as she hated to admit it, she didn't like being alone.

Ignoring her inner turmoil Alina made her way toward the wood that surrounded the small village, as soon as she was in the shade of the trees she felt herself relaxing, she should be running but she wasn't there was a part of her that was enjoying being amongst the trees.

"Help." Alina stopped in her tracks sure that she heard a small voice call out.

"Hello?" She said aloud looking around the dense forest.