Chapter 8 - The Other Alpha

She was going to be the death of him, if the Alpha hadn't turned up, he would have buried himself in her on the desk. He needed to get a grip he was the Alpha of this pack and he needed to be in control but around her he was finding it more and more difficult.

He strolled into his office the three men who currently had their back to him stood from their respective seats and turned to greet him.

"Alpha Lyall." The Alpha of the three greeted Ryder.

"Alpha Radolf." Ryder greeted taking seat behind the desk gesturing for the three wolves to do the same. "This is my Beta Andrus and son Josh." The Alpha pointed to the other two males by his side, Ryder nodded to the two men.

"Why are you here without invite Jared?" Ryder asked bored already he should have been buried deep in his mate by now so his patience was at an all-time low.

"I apologise for the intrusion Alpha but it's important." Jared tried to sound pissed but of the two of them Jared knew Ryder was the better Alpha. "It is with regard to the rogues."

Ryder was about to throw some retort but the door to his study opened and all four men's eyes drifted to the door. It was Alina, she had dressed in a pair of tight-fitting jeans and a loose top which hung lazily off of one of her shoulders exposing her neck, Ryder was both turned on and furious.

"Al?" Ryder turned to the young male called Josh. Josh was standing his eyes raking over his mate.

"Josh!" The pang of jealousy to his gut was as forceful as a slap to the face when he watched his mate's face light up at the sight of another male. If he thought that had hurt, he had been mistaken because without thought Alina bound toward the young man and threw her arms around his neck with Josh returning the gesture.

Mine! Magnar growled.

"Take your hands off my mate pup." Ryder hadn't realised he had stood, the boy suddenly let go of Alina bowing his head in respect.

"Apologies Alpha." The pup was lucky he hadn't ripped his throat out.

"Alpha that is no way to treat our guests, Josh is my friend." She smiled at him and to the others it probably looked genuine be he felt the anger bubbling beneath her surface through the bond. "Andrus, looking well." She smiled at him as well, what was wrong with her did she want him to rip all their throats out because he would if she kept smiling at them all.

"Al, nice to see meet you again." Andrus nodded toward her but didn't move to touch her.

"Luna." Ryder growled but Alina was chuckling quietly as she walked around to his side, he grabbed hold of her and placed her firmly in his lap her scent calming his wolf at the connection.

"They don't have to be so formal Alpha I know them."

"Yes, they do." She shook her head at him but said nothing else. "Alpha Radolf, my mate Luna Alina." The Alpha bent his neck as a sign of respect he could practically hear Alina's eyes roll but no one else seemed to notice.

"A pleasure to meet you Luna Alina." Jared smiled but he felt Alina tense against him, he began to stroke her back to try and soothe her uneasiness, she was safe with him she had no reason to be agitated.

"And you Alpha." She greeted but did not bow her head, good she needed to know their pack was stronger they held the power here not Jared.