Chapter 12 - Isabella

Alina stepped outside of the pack house and was still taken aback by the view in front of her. It really was as if she had walked back in time with the stalls, those who were calling out what they were selling. It was peaceful, almost homely which bothered Alina somewhat, she had never really felt at 'home' anywhere and yet staring at the strangers before her she felt something deep inside her she had never felt.

"Luna!" A small boy of about 8 ran toward her.

"Hello." She smiled at the young child who had the whitest hair she had ever seen his almost violet looking eyes shining with glee.

"Luna will you play with me?" He asked looking hopeful as he gazed at her.

"Tobias!" A woman of about Alina's age came running up toward the two of them. "Luna, I am so sorry!" The fair-haired woman looked anxious as she approached her.

"It's fine."

"Please Luna, the others won't play with me!" The boy called Tobias tugged at her jeans.

"Toby baby, please leave the Luna alone." The woman looked as if she was about to have a meltdown.

"Honestly it's fine, I'm Alina." Alina thrust her hand out to the nervous woman.

"Isa.....Isabella." The woman replied putting her hand in to Alina's.

"Luuunnnaaaa!" The little boy moaned.

"Of course, we can play, but first you have to tell me why the others won't play with you." Alina asked him bending down so she was eye to eye with the child. His face fell even more and his bottom lip began to quiver which was breaking her heart.

"My daddy is a bad wolf." A couple of tears fell from his face. "So they think I am bad." Without hesitation Alina grabbed the child in a hug and lift him from the floor. He wrapped his little legs around her waist and cradled him against her.

"Oh honey, you're not a bad wolf." Alina tried to calm him rocking him gently as she looked over at Isabella who looked as sad as her son. "Why don't we all go inside and get something to eat and then we can play whatever you want." She asked Tobias. The boy looked at her his almost violet eyes still shimmering with unshed tears.

"Really?" He asked his uncertainty made Alina want to cry for him.

"Of course!" Alina beamed at him. "But no vegetables or fruit! Just sweets, or ice cream...." She winked at him.

"Yay!" Tobias clapped his hands together and bounced on her hip excitedly.

"You don't have to do that." Isabella suddenly pipped up.

"I know, I want to." Alina shrugged. "You coming?" She asked as she started to walk toward the pack house waiting for her to follow.

Isabella sat nervously as she cradled the cup of coffee Alina had made her. Tobias was apparently oblivious to his mother's discomfort which was a good thing he was too young to be worried about his parents.

"Luna." Alina turned to see Kylan standing in the door way of the large kitchen area.

"Oh mummy looook! It's Beta Kylan!" Tobias stood clapping his hands and running toward the confused looking Beta.

"Tob-" Isabella began but suddenly her throat hitched as her eyes took in Kylan. Alina stared at the man too trying to see what had the woman so dumb struck, he was handsome, he had fair hair almost golden, it was a little unruly, he had the deepest brown eyes and his face was warm and welcoming. He was built well standing at probably about 6"2, slightly shorter than Ryder but not by much.