Chapter 29 - A Night Out

"Q, please come and sit down you look like a bouncer standing there by the door." Alina called over to him as the women stood there laughing at the great hulk of a man that was Quillon. He mumbled something under his breath but sat down none-the-less earning some appreciative glances from the women who worked at the spa.

"Tristian would have been better off here." Quillon grumbled folding his large arms and crossing his legs at his ankles like a huffy teenager.

"Come on Q, why don't you have a manicure?" Alina asked giggling at his unimpressed look.

"Leave him to sulk." Marion laughed. "So, how are things with Ryder?"

Alina took a deep breath as she kept her gaze on the woman who was currently cutting her cuticles back, she really hadn't been aware they were that bad. "I don't know." She answered honestly. "I'm still hurt, I can't believe that he would just cast me aside-"

"Alina, he really didn't want to let you go he just felt like he didn't have a choice." Marion tried to defend her nephew.

"I know, I know and even though it feels so right when I am around him there is part of me that still aches for our loss." She looked up at the women who were both nodding their heads.

"Lu-...." Quillon stopped himself and started again. "Alina, he made a mistake, one which was hurtful to both of you, but you cannot continue to punish him or yourself. Whichever your decision I will always be by your side." The women who worked in the spa audibly sighed. "As your adopted brother." He added winking at Alina.

"He can adopt me any time." The young woman doing Alina's nails sighed before her cheeks flushed realising she had said that little statement out loud.

"I'm with Q on this Alina." Isabella piped up as she sifted through the colours of nail varnish.

"I'm with tall dark and handsome too." Marion stated wiggling her eyebrows at Quillon who looked down right uncomfortable as he shifted in his seat.

The door to the spa rang and immediately the woman who had been tending to Alina rose to her feet.

"Can I help you sir?" She almost gushed, the three women turned to see Joshua sauntering in the room his mouth partially open as if he was going to respond but wasn't sure how to.

"Josh, close your mouth and take a seat." Marion called out to him. "Why are you here?"

"Ryder told me to fu.....to get some air." He corrected himself turning red as he looked at the women in the room. "And Kylan is busy training Toby, so I came here to keep Quillon company." He sat himself next to Quillon who seemed to dwarf him not only in size but in presence also, not that the woman opposite Alina had noticed as she sat down with a scowl.

"You still single Josh?" Alina called over her shoulder keeping her eyes focused on the woman doing her nails.

"Erm, well, I, yes." The women laughed at his unease as Alina watched the young woman's eyes light up.

"What about you?" She asked the woman who flushed sweetly, she said nothing just nodded and busied herself base coating Alina's nails. "Josh, you're free on Friday night aren't you?"

"Alina.....you are bad." Isabella was giggling.

"Yeah." He sighed feeling a little sorry for himself.