3. Daniela's Secret

The hickey incident with Kath had definitely been a close call

The hickey incident with Kath had definitely been a close call. And Piotr noticing her snooping around in the school's communal pantry. She would have to be more careful.

The following evening she was in the process of heading back out, not 'sneaking out' as Kath accused her, when she ran into said sister.

"Now where are you going?"

"'Now'? Excuse me for having a life."

"I have a life, too."

"Not outside the walls of this school, it would seem."

Kath was trying to keep calm. "I would just really appreciate it if you told me where-"

"Downtown."

"Alone?"

"With friends."

"The same friends who gave you that massive hickey on your neck?"

"Jealous?"

"Don't-"

"Now I'm going to be late - thank you."

She was running late, now. She could still make it, with a little help from a friend.

"Please, Kurt."

"I don't know, Daniela! I don't vant to get in trouble," the blue teen cried, flicking his tail nervously.

"Usually I don't need to go all the way across town, but the location is different tonight."

"Where exactly are you going?"

"Far side of downtown-"

"The sketchy area!"

"It's not sketchy. Actually, a lot of mutants go there. So it's mostly safe."

"I heard someone died zhere!" Now Kurt wrung his hands nervously. "What if your sister starts questioning me?"

"You don't have to say anything."

"But I'm an honest person! I hate lying!"

"Well you don't have to say anything unless they ask you specifically."

"But I can only transport you someplace if I know what it looks like."

"You've been downtown, so just take me there, and I'll walk the rest of the way."

Kurt, cautious as he was, was also very kind and generous, so of course he wanted to help his friend out. She was dressed up a little, so this must be some special event she was going to - in the sketchy side of town.

"Please be careful!" he cried after dropping her off - he walked with her until she reached her destination, jumping at any sudden noise or movement. Despite his power of teleportation, he could also use some time away from the mansion, it would seem. He now also knew where the location was, so he could bring her again if needed.