Richie-21

I lay awake, obviously hospital beds aren't the comfiest. I look over at the small boy curled up beside me, a small smile spreads across my face. That beautiful boy is mine. I keep tossing and turning. Suddenly, around 3 am. Eddie starts to shake. He's probably cold. I set the thick blanket over him. Then, he starts to mutter stuff.
"Someone help me, Richie, Mom, anyone! He's got me!"
I shake Eddie and he opens his big doe eyes that slowly fill with tears.
"It's okay, Baby. I'm here." I whisper. He sobs into my shoulder, he grips his inhaler in his right hand and takes a puff into his mouth.
"What happened, Baby?" I ask.
"I was walking home from your house and then the Leper caught me. I kept screaming for you or my Mom or anyone but no one came and IT got me, Chee. IT got me." He explains.
"Eds, we killed IT. No more leper, you're safe now." I say. I kiss the top of his head and he smiles, making my heart melt.
*6 hours later*
"Richard, Edward, wake up." The doctor says. I open my eyes.
"We have you test results. It turns out you were just dehydrated, if your fever is normal you two can go home." The doctor states. He takes my temperature and it reads 98.7. Eddie and I end up walking home. When we get home, Mike and Will hug us both.
"You ready for the sleepover at Bill's?" Will asks.
"Of course!" I state. The rest of the afternoon Eddie helps me pack, and maybe I left some marks on Eddie.
"Eddie, Richie, Mike, Will, you guys ready to go?" My stepdad yells, when I came out to Ted he was surprisingly supportive. He just always talked bad about LGBTQ+ members. We pack into his car and he drives us to Bill's. We all thank him and we ring Bill's doorbell. Bill opens it.
"YOU GUYS READY?"