True Love Always Wins ~ 𝘽𝘼 ~

Y/N's POV

Here we are having our third fight this week and it's only Tuesday. Our relationship started out as teens having fun, but then turned into two adults trying to make a living with no communication whatsoever. On the outside we look like we are in love, but behind closed doors it's a whole other realm.

"Y/N if you would just listen to me, maybe we wouldn't be fighting." Brandon scoffs.

"That's bullshit, we would just find another reason to start fighting." I responded.

"Well what do you want to do about it since you are all of a sudden a relationship counselor?" He asked.

When I finally realized the answer to our problem.

"I'm breaking up with you." I choked out.

"What. You can't be serious Y/N. We've been together for 3 years. Why would you want to end it now?" He asked solemnly.

"Look at us! We can't agree on a single thing. Half of the time we don't even sleep in the same bed. We literally can't stand each other. The reason we made it so long is because we have no one to tell us otherwise." I cried.

"Y/N, please there are other ways to fix this. We can go to a therapist, a couples counselor. We can start spending more time together. Please, I don't want to lose you." He croaked.

We were both crying, I did want to give this relationship another chance but I don't want it to end up like a parents' marriage. After they had kids, they just started settling for each other. I don't want our relationship to go on like that if we could prevent it.

"I'm sorry Brandon, we just weren't cut out to be together." I choked.

"Y/N, please?" He asked.

"I don't want my parents' relationship. I just can't work through something like that. You have to move on, I don't know if I can, but you have to. You have your entire career to look out for. Goodbye Brandon."

✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦

Third POV

Those were her last words for the boy. She gave him a kiss then left. It was for the best of both of them. Brandon's career took off after that night and Y/N landed her dream life. She became the first in her family to become an award winning actress and music artist. The only thing left for both of them was starting their own family. Brandon had dated a few girls but none satisfied his dreams. Y/N dappled in the dating scene and failed to commit to any of her 2 relationships. They were both waiting for their special someone, but what they were really waiting on was for either of them to make a move and restart the old lost relationship. Until one day, one of Brandon's band mates accidentally liked her post on his phone. He thought about apologizing, but instead took the opportunity and asked her to meet in person for the first time in 5 years.

Brandon's POV

Today's the day, I'm going to see her for the first time in 5 years. Well not the first time, but this will be the first time we will meet up in 5 years. Of course I've seen how beautiful she's become, but this time we will actually be by ourselves. What if she doesn't want a relationship? What if she just wants to be friends? Maybe I shouldn't go.

"Brandon, stop freaking out. It's going to be fine." Austin said as he walked in the room. "How are you so sure?"

He gave me a look, "Well if she didn't want to meet up, she wouldn't have said yes. Also she hasn't been in a serious relationship since your breakup just like you. Stop thinking about the bad outcomes and think about the happy ones." I was astonished by his wisdom.

"When did you become a philosopher?" I asked. He chuckled, patted me on the back.

"My friend it's all in the experience." He said walking out the room.

Did I mention he proposed to his girlfriend about 6 months ago? Well he did. I guess that's where all his experience comes from. Oh well, I'm going to have to see what happens. Okay, I got this. No pressure.
Fuck.

Y/N's POV

It's happening, when he walks in the door. Our relationship will change forever. I sound like I'm getting married. No pressure, there's nothing holding us for this. What if he just wants to be friends? I can't live like that anymore. I'm gonna have a panic attack, breathe Y/N breathe. Oh my gosh, there he is. He looks so good. Goddamn, he fine. Why did we ever- I'm not going to finish that sentence. Here we go, you sexy he sexy, perfect match. Let's go!

What is wrong with me?

Third POV

Brandon approached her table, extended his hand to the girl. She gladly shook his hand, the moment was so awkward.

"So, how have you been?" He asked.

"I've been good, but I've been missing something." She said with her head down. "How have you been?"

"I've been well, incomplete but well."

"I miss you!" They said at the same time, then giggled.

"Do you think we can go somewhere else?" She asked.

He gladly agreed and took her to their old spot.

"You remembered." She admired.

"I'd be lying if I said I wasn't up here a few days ago." He admitted.

"So, that was you. I was here on Sunday at sunset." She said.

"Seems like fate is bringing us back together." Brandon said looking into her deep brown eyes.

She blushed, he placed his hand on her chin.

"What is fate going to do next?" She asked.

"I have no idea, but I do know what I'm going to do." He said pulling her close, to encase his lips with hers. The sweet and tender love they were awaiting for so long lasted for no longer than a few seconds. Brandon pulled away, just to be pulled back in by Y/N. The once sweet kiss turned to a lustful passionate makeout session. Neither of them wanting to let go of one another.

Y/N pulled away to catch her breath, "I'm willing to try again, if you want."

He smiled, "I'm never going to let you go ever again."

She chuckled. "I guess, they were right. True love makes it out in the long game." He nodded, put her under his arm and they stayed like that.

In each other's arms for the rest of their lives.

1104 words.

Vote. Comment. Follow. ♥️