Angel ~𝘾𝙕𝙆~

☾♡︎☽

Before you read this, I have something to say. This is the most personal story I've written to date. It's one of the last stories I wrote, before going on a hiatus. It deals with some of the problems I've been dealing with my entire life. Sharing this with you means a f-cking lot. And I hope me sharing this will give me my outlet back. All I can write about is mental health, society and real world problems, so if you enjoy this one, please comment and tell me. It would mean so much.
Now please enjoy. ☺︎︎

☾♡︎☽

"Do you ever feel like leaving?" The girl asked her dreadhead boyfriend.

"Y/N what are you talking about?"

"Do you ever feel like getting in the car and never turning back?" She was now facing him, so she could see her sincerity.

"Where's this thing coming from?" He asked with a soft look on his face.

Y/N dropped her head and answered, "my parents have been fighting practically all of my life that I can remember. I always blocked it out when I was younger. But once I turned 13 I saw it. I saw how they couldn't collaborate for the best of me and my brother. I wanted them to get a divorce so bad, but they continued on with the same cycle. Then I turned 15 and she started going after me and my brother. I didn't know what I did to make her hate me, but it wouldn't stop. I kept getting worse until now. Here I am almost 18 years old, sitting on an old tree stump, breaking their one rule for me. No dating."

Caleb stiffened after hearing the truth about her life. He would've spoken up but the girl continued to read her thoughts to him.

"They don't even care if I have a boyfriend, all they know is boyfriends means babies. Meaning they don't trust me at all. All those times they manipulated me to think they could give me anything and know I could handle it; turned out to be a lie. My own parents only want me for their own benefit. They never believed in my dreams, they trashed them all. She said she wants me to be the best me, but when I told her I wanted to be and she disowned me. All of those lies are built into me, there's no controlling me. I've let go of all the glow in me, so there's nothing left in store for me. My parents never wanted the best for me, they couldn't care less for me. If only I did what they wanted of me, maybe they would love me. Maybe they could show me the wonders I have yet to see. If only it was meant to be, then would be the only thing. If I had the royalty, maybe they'd show me loyalty. But there's nothing to me, that's why they have yet to see. I gave the best of me, and that's the one thing they didn't see." She finished.

A flustered Caleb stood by her with nothing to say, so she got up, kissed his cheek and left.

She wasn't seen again for months. Not until her words were published.

♥︎

One day, Caleb was writing on his laptop at a lazy cafe, and she finally appeared. The teary eyed girl watched him sit next to a random girl and made what looked like flirty conversation. She took a deep breath and made a bold step to walk up to them.

The ring of the door caught the boy's ear, he looked up and felt a gust of warm air. The girl was now right next to him, but he couldn't see her.

"Hey are you ok?" The café girl asked.

"Yeah, I just thought I saw something." He smiled as she cozied up next to him.

Y/N was now in front of them. Watching their actions and listening to their words. They were talking about her. And about how he lost her.

"She sounded really special."

"She is, well she was. The day she left me in the park, there was um-

He was now the one crying, the one choked up.

"It's ok if it's too hard for you to say, I completely understand what it's like to lose someone."

"No Marie, she wasn't just someone. She was mine. And I let her die. Alone, when I could've helped her." Caleb took a deep breath and slumped his head.

"That day, there was a gunshot. A scream, then another gunshot. When I found her her skin was pale and her heartbeat was gone. I never got a chance to tell her that I loved her. That I would do anything for her. That I would be with her for the rest of her life." He choked.

"Hey, hey, you just did." Caleb looked up and was facing her. He knew she wasn't actually there, but he felt her presence. So he said it.

"Y/N, I love you. Please don't leave me."

From that day on he carried her with him. To the altar, from the delivery room, then back up to the clouds. They were finally reunited, but she believed it wasn't his time.

"Why do you want me to go back? I'm with you. I need you." He cried holding onto her hand.

"You have a family, and a wife that loves you. They need you more than you need me. I'm always gonna be right here." She smiled, placing her hand on his now beating heart.

He woke up on a hospital bed and saw the little girl laying next to him. She was playing with her favorite doll, then she looked up at him and smiled.

"Hi daddy, if you don't remember me, I'm Y/N."

A smile grew out to his ears, "I will never forget you, you're always gonna be in my heart." He said, giving her a kiss on the cheek.

I will never forget you.