Memeulous

Chapter Name: SLOW DANCING IN THE DARK

George x reader
Warnings: angst
Shorter Chapter

Based on the song SLOW DANCING IN THE DARK- joji

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
George's POV
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Another stupid fight over my insecurities, they seemed to be happening more and more. I didn't know why I felt this way or why I even felt like bringing it up, but it hurt. I know in my heart she should be with him, her best friend, the perfect guy.

"Y/N, I can't compete with him" I yelled.

"There isn't a competition, if I wanted him I'd be with him" she said tears finally falling from her perfect face.

"There isn't a reason you should stay with me when your perfect guy is in the apartment below us." I said almost inaudibly.

"George..." she cried, tilting her head and placing a hand on my cheek.

"I see the way the two of you look at each other, you should be with him... you deserve him" I said trying to not make eye contact, knowing that if I did I'd lose it.

"What?" She breathed out and dropped her hand from my face.

"Y/N... you know I'm right" I said, finally letting my self lose, tears finally falling.

"No...George, stop" she said as she rubbed her temples.

"I love you, but he's the one for you not me." I said holding back more tears, it hurt to say it but it was true.

I walked out of the apartment teary eyed, I heard my name being called by Y/N and my phone ringing constantly.

He was her forever guy, I was just the guy who introduced her to him, whether she wanted to believe it or not.