Chapter 6: Academy Days, part 3

Jakken slowly opened his eyes and looked around his surroundings. He didn't recognize the room but there was a strange smell. It didn't smell like sake or rotting garbage. He groaned and moved his arm scratch his head. That's when he saw the bandages on his arm. He searched some more and found his whole body was wrapped in bandages.

'No way, that son of a bitch wouldn't do this.' He thought.

"You're finally up." Jakken turned suddenly to see someone. It was a member of the ANBU black ops. He could tell that it was a woman because of the voice. She wore a cat mask. She turned toward the door and spoke to someone. She returned to looking after him.

"Where am I?" Jakken asked.

"You're at Konoha Hospital. The doctors have treated your bruises and fractures." She answered.

"Am I in trouble?" he asked her.

"You attempted to murder one of your classmates. You should be in the hospital wing of ANBU headquarters. However, the Sandaime wishes to speak with you personally." She answered him. The door opened and Hiruzen entered the room. The ANBU member bowed to him.

"Thank you Neko, if you would leave us alone for a moment." Hiruzen ordered.

"Hai Sandaime-sama." Neko said and left. The door closed and Jakken was now face to face with the Hokage. He noticed the file in his hand as the ninja leader took a seat. Hiruzen opened the file and began to read out loud from it.

"Jakken Watanabe, age 9. Father's name is Senichi Watanabe; a former Genin of Konoha and mother's name is unknown. Failed the Genin exams once because you did not attend the academy on that day. A known troublemaker and bully. Excels in Taijutsu and weapons, second only to Tenten Koguchi." Hiruzen read and closed the file. He looked at Jakken who gulped at the gaze. "I will ask you some questions. Depending on how you answer, will help me in determining your punishment. Is that understood?"

"Yes Hokage-sama." Jakken said.

"Your injuries, how did you get them?" Hiruzen asked.

"My injuries were the result of my training." He said. Hiruzen smirked at him.

"You must not be too afraid of what will happen to you. I know that you're lying. My ANBU has searched your father's apartment. You father has also being detained and has all ready been interrogated by one of my best ninja. I know about the abuse." Hiruzen informed.

"I-I apologize Hokage-sama!" Jakken said.

"Why did you attack Naruto Uzumaki?"

"I was ordered to by my father."

"Why?"

"Two and a half weeks ago, Naruto stopped me from picking on his friend. Iruka called my father. He was furious that he was called down to the academy for such a reason. Still, when he learned that Naruto stopped me, he flipped. I was unable to move after the beating he gave me. He threw out and told me not to return until I killed Naruto." Jakken explained. Hiruzen frowned at that.

"Why didn't you report the abuse to your instructors?" Hiruzen asked. Jakken paused for a second but he sighed and told his answer.

"He's all I have. I don't even know my mother. That drunk only told me that she was a whore and she was just getting back at him for impregnating her. I know he didn't love me and I know that he wouldn't care if I was dead but he was all I had." Hiruzen looked at the boy in front of him and his heart went out to him.

"I do feel for you, son but you attempted to murder a boy that is personally under my care." Jakken was suddenly scared for his life. "You have two options before you. The first option is a year at an ANBU prison. After your release, you will be shadowed by an ANBU and under house arrest for another year. If you stay out of trouble, I will see about getting you back into the ninja program. The second option is a trail. If you're found guilty, you will be sent to the boiling rock for fifteen years. What will be your choice?" Hiruzen asked.