Chapter 38: The Prelims, part 3

Sweet made it to #1 in opnaruto tag on 8/24/19.

That is a first.

I would like to keep it there.

Going to post most of it now.

Misumi charged at Kotohime who was doing some hand seals. Her hair wrapped around her in a protective cocoon. Misumi grabbed her and began to wrap around her. Everyone who was watching was a little put off by the ability that he was showing. Anko was the only one who had her eyes narrowed. She didn't know how but this guy knew something that he shouldn't. The technique he was using was the Nan no Kaizō (Soft Physique Modification) and it was an ability of her former master. She made a quick motion to the Hokage who nodded.

Back on the ground, Misumi was chuckling and bragging about the situation. He was tightening his hold on the girl.

"That hair of yours would not help you. Perhaps if you allow me to get a feel, then I might be persuaded to let you advance. What do you think huh?" Misumi asked with a perverted tone.

"How about you die instead?" Kotohime said. Misumi suddenly gasped as he felt several knives punch through his mid-section. He quickly released Kotohime, who then landed a kick to his wounded area. He hit the ground with a groan and struggled to stop the bleeding. Kotohime turned to him and gave him a sinister grin. She stabbed her hair into the ground and did some hand-seals. The hair then charged at Misumi, creating large spikes that came out of the ground. Misumi was white with fear as he could not move.

As the attack closed in, Misumi was saved by Hayate before he could get skewered. Kotohime was angered and confused by what the sick looking man had done. He looked at her with a serious gaze.

"He was unable to continue. While killing is allowed, it is not done willingly. This match is over. Kotohime of the Fūma clan is winner of the seventh match." Hayate informed. Kotohime's hair returned to normal but she was unhappy about not finishing the pervert. She hoped that she would get another chance in the future. The medic rushed Misumi out but Orochimaru could see that they were not normal medics. He cursed Misumi for his carelessness. He figured that Anko had noticed his ability and linked it to him. He was also very angry with Guren's team. He watched as they congratulated Kotohime on her win. He would need to do something about this soon.

The board cycled again and two names popped up. It was Neji and Hinata. This caused a lot of people to look at the match-up with worry. Neji didn't say anything and made his way down to the stadium floor. As he made his way down, he remembered a conversation that he had with opponent.

~~~Flashback~~~

Neji had returned from a joint training exercise with Team Anko. His mind was heavy with thoughts because of the discussion he had with Naruto. He had come to respect the blond despite their different views. During the exercise, he had asked about the seal on his head. He told that he had an interest in fūinjutsu and was interested. Neji told him all about the seal and what it does. Naruto was disgusted with the head family use of the seal but it also explained a lot about Neji's hatred. However, this spurred another question from the blond that stuck.

He asked him why he lumps his cousin with the others. He further explained himself by telling him that many of the Hyūga clan was pricks but Hinata was not. He commented that she was too shy to actually be a Hyūga. Neji told him about what happened to his father and what lead to his death. Naruto countered by saying that she was three. It turned into an argument but Naruto then came up with a challenge for him. He asked him to actually ask Hinata what she thought about the seal. He took the challenge, assuming the answer.