Chapter 47: Finals, part 3

The match had reached a stalemate but Shino could see that Sai was making some sort of headway. The Mushi Kame no Jutsu (Insect Jar Technique) was working but Sai was now using ink birds to launch explosive attacks. His jutsu could not handle that and now he had to come up with a new strategy. His first move was to ground Sai. It would take some chakra but it would be worth it in the long run.

"Hijutsu: Mushiyose (Secret Technique: Insect Gathering)." Shino said. A large web of chakra surrounded the floor. Sai watched as bugs came out of every crack. They gathered and were forming a rising hill. Sai looked to go higher but Shino was not about to allow that. He jumped onto the hill and was shot into the air. The speed of his ascension surprised Sai. Shino launched several shuriken that hit the bird that he was on. Sai jumped off as it dispelled.

Sai was looking to make another bird but Shino stopped him with another volley of shuriken. One hit Sai in the hand, forcing him to drop his drawing scroll. Sai used a kunai attached to a wire to stop his descent to the ground. He swung and landed on the wall. Shino was back on the ground and the insects he summoned were returning to their homes. Shino unleashed his colony and they went after Sai. Sai cut the wire and ran down the wall toward his scroll. He dodged gracefully and was able to reach it.

Sai quickly drew another bird and was quickly on it. Shino just looked at him as Sai took to the air. That's when Sai flew right at him. The bird moved very fast and Shino could not put up a defense. Sai passed and sliced Shino. A little bit of blood sprayed out from the wound on his arm. Sai flew back into the air and turned back to make another dive. Shino pulled out a kunai and readied himself. He was able to block another slash but the speed that Sai was moving at knocked him off his feet. His kikaichū could not get Sai as he flew up in the air again.

Sai decided to put several explosive notes on the bird he was on as it dove again at Shino. Shino stood and did his jutsu.

"Mushi Kame no Jutsu!" Shino called out and the kikaichū circled him. Sai jumped off of the bird and did a combat roll. As the bird hit the defense, he detonated the explosive tags. Most of Shino's colony was burnt to a crisp and Shino was sent flying. He hit the ground hard and rolled to a stop. Sai stood and made his way over to Shino. He looked at him and looked ready to finish the fight when he saw Shino move. That movement was Shino dissolving into kikaichū and attacking. Sai dodged and landed across from Shino who was breathing a little hard. Sai smiled at him.

"You are quite skilled Shino-san. I can see why Danzō-sama wished to train you." Sai said softly. It was not too loud so everyone could hear.

"Yet my family member was chosen instead. I do know of your master and I would have refused his offer for training." Shino said with the same soft volume.

"Is that so? That's disappointing. Anyway, I believe that I will end this match." Sai said and prepared to strike.

"The match has already ended in my favor." Shino said. Sai looked confused until he grabbed his chest. It felt like something was digging out his insides.

"W-What did you d-do to me?" Sai asked as he dropped to a knee.

"Torune trained you well. Still, I had an ace up my sleeve. My shuriken, I covered them in larva that would have injected into the body if they connected." Shino said, surprising Sai. "These larvas grow quickly and if you are not a member of my clan, they attack you from the inside. Right now, they must be feasting on your heart or lungs." Shino explained. Sai was shocked until he smiled again.

"I n-now see why Danzō-sama w-wanted you." Sai said. He turned to Genma. "I would like to surrender." The boy said. Genma nodded and looked at Shino. Shino walked up to Sai and placed his hand on his chest. He flared his chakra to signal the insects inside him. Sai grunted a little as a few bugs dug out of his chest. They walked up Shino's arm and into his jacket. With that, Shino walked away.