Chapter 39: The Prelims, final part

The broad cycled again and two more names were named for the tenth match. It would be Tenten versus Watanabe Jakken. The two jumped down to the floor and readied themselves to fight. Both teams were looking at this with some interest. Tenten looked at Jakken with a cocky grin.

"You ready to lose again?" she asked.

"Someone's confident? It's going to be so fun to see your face when I'm the victor." Jakken said with a grin. Hayate saw that the talking was done and began the match. In a flash, each of them launched shuriken at each other in rapid motion. Each shuriken knocked each other out of the way and landed on the ground. Tenten jumped back and used a scroll. It launched a torrent of weapons at Jakken. Jakken easily dodged and pulled out his kusarigama. He threw three shuriken and Tenten countered. Jakken used this to wrap his new long chain around her ankle. With a tug, he pulled her forward and used the Shunshin (Body Flicker) to close the distance between them. He appeared above her and landed an axe kick to her gut.

Tenten hit the ground but quickly freed herself from the chain. She rolled away and threw three shuriken at Jakken. Jakken used her weapon to defend himself, batting the shuriken away, and whipped the chain toward Tenten. Tenten moved out of the way and began to fire some more shuriken at him. Jakken used the chain as a whip, knocking away her weapons and attacking Tenten. She dodged for a good while but she was clipped a few times by the whipping motion.

Having enough of the cat and mouse, Jakken spun the sickle quickly, creating a mini-buzz saw. He launched it, cutting Tenten off. He did the same with the ball, launching it with such speed. Tenten barely dodged but she saw that it would have been off target anyway. She was curious as to why until she was hit by Jakken who hit her with a flying side kick. She gasped as he hit her in the stomach and she was sent flying away. She hit the ground and bounced two times before landing in a heap. She struggled to get back to her feet and looked to see Jakken in his stance.

Tenten realized what Jakken was doing. While she was a student of one of Konoha's top taijutsu jōnin, Tenten mainly used weapons. Jakken was the same but he was also skilled in ninjutsu and taijutsu. He had abandoned the long range battle and decided to fight her up close. She needed to get the fight back into her element. She grabbed two scrolls and placed them next to her. She did some hand seals and the scrolls exploded into two dragons. Jakken watched as the dragons disappeared and was replaced with scroll paper.

"Sōshōryū! (Twin Rising Dragons)" Tenten shouted and flew up into the air. She hovered in mid-air and began to unseal a multitude of weapons that she threw at Jakken. Jakken batted the weapons away from him and dodged as best as he could. He was starting to get tired but he was able to escape with minor cuts. Tenten smirked and pulled her hands back. Jakken watched as each weapon rose and hover in the air. Jakken saw the thin ninja wire that was attached to the weapons. Jakken was not about to let her attack him again. He did a single seal and charged his chakra. Red arcs of lightning arced off him.

"Kouraisen. (Crimson Lightning Flash)" Hearing those words, his team hit the deck. He jumped in the air and began to whip the chain around. "Kyōfu de Jishin! (Quake with Fear)" Jakken shouted and launch the ball of the weapon to the ground. It pierced through the ground and dug very deep. After a few moments, the ground exploded into a series of chains that slammed into the walls and rails. Tenten's weapons were destroyed and she was wrapped up in the chains. Jakken landed on the chains and did another seal, making lightning spark off his body. He gave Tenten a smirk who just widen in fear. Knowing that he was giving her a choice, Tenten took the lesser of two evils.

"Protector, I'm giving up." Tenten shouted. Hayate nodded and declared Jakken the winner. He dispelled his jutsu and Tenten was freed. She looked up to see Jakken looked at her with a cocky smirk. She glared at him for it.