Chapter 33 - The Second Stage: Into the Forest of Death

Ibiki chuckled as Anko lead the teams out of the room. He was going to let the jōnin in the lounge who passed and who failed. As he made his way out, he saw a piece of paper under one of the exam papers. Curious, he made his way over and picked the paper up. He unfolded it and read the message.

Ibiki-san,

Please check on Yakushi Kabuto. He has information that he should not have. He may be a spy or you may have a leak.

He looked at the note and back at the spot where he found it. That was where one of Anko's brats sat. This was a serious accusation and he needed to check up on it. He quickly left to go and speak with the Hokage.

XXX

Anko stood in front of the chūnin hopeful and faced all of them with a smile. She had secretly sent a note to the Hokage about Midoshi's involvement in the exams. That could only mean that Orochimaru was somewhere in the village. She couldn't search for him now but she would soon.

"Okay maggots, welcome to the second part of the Chūnin Senbatsu Shiken (Chūnin Selection Exams). I like to call this place my and my team's home away from home. This is the Daiyonjūyon Enshūjō (Forty-Fourth Training Ground), or as I like to call it the Shi no Mori (Forest of Death)" Anko began to speak.

"Why do call it that?" asked Ino.

"You'll soon find out why. I would like to keep that a surprise for you all to see." Anko said with a vicious grin. As she was about to continue, Sakura decided to speak up.

"Wait a minute, you said that this is your team's training ground?" she asked.

"So?" Anko asked.

"Does that give you're a huge advantage? That's cheating!" Sakura exclaimed. Team Anko watched as Anko looked at the girl with a glare. Anko was not happy and walked up to her. Sakura gulped under her stare and felt weak in the knees.

"Do you realize how much of an embarrassment you are right now? You're complaining about an unfair advantage? We're shinobi! We live a life of unfair advantages! Hell, we strive on unfair advantages! You are a kunoichi of Konohagakure, so act like it! If you're so worried about it, then leave! You are a disgrace, acting like a child!" Anko stated loudly. Sakura seem to shrink into herself and the looks she was getting from the others only embarrassed her further. Anko straighten up and looked at everyone else. "Does anyone else have a problem with my team's advantage? Are there any more bitches within this group of wannabe chūnin?"

"No ma'am!" Everyone exclaimed. With a final glare to Sakura, Anko walked back to the front of the group. She faced everyone again.

"Now, I will explain the point of this exam." Anko pulled out two scrolls, a white one and a brown one. "In my left hand, I hold a scroll with the label 'Heaven', in my right hand; I hold a scroll with the label 'Earth'. Each of you will get a scroll, one with 'Heaven or one with 'Earth'. Your objective is to gain both scrolls and make your way to the tower that is at the center of this training ground." Anko said.

"So it's like a capture the flag type of mission?" asked Midoshi.

"Something like that. Since half of you will be holding the 'Heaven' scroll and the other half will be holding 'Earth', you will have to fight each other to get it. As chūnin, you will have to get information by force and return it back to your village while others are after you. If you can't, then you will die. Which reminds me," Anko made a motion and several chūnin who had papers. "These are wavers that you may 'choose' to sign. This dissolved Konoha from any deaths that happen within the forest." Anko explained. Some of them looked a little worried about that but no one left.