Chapter 16: Hunting the Pervert

Hiruzen entered the Hokage tower. He had just gotten back from seeing those teams that were heading to Takigakure for the Chuunin exams. He kept a positive outcome to how well they may do. As he walked toward his office, he heard a loud noise coming from that direction. He turned the corner and got a small smirk on his face. His secretary was holding that demon cat, Tora, in her arms. She kept it out of the reach of Team Anko who was being restrained by several Chuunin and ANBU. He also saw that the team was badly scratched. That was the price of retrieving the daimyo wife's cat.

He coughed loudly to get everyone's attention. They stopped their actions to see that their leader was in the area. That lasted only a couple of seconds when Team Anko attempted to get the cat again. The Chuunin and ANBU refocused their attention to stopping them while the secretary kept Tora away. Hiruzen just sighed.

Team Anko stood in front of Hiruzen, badly bruised and angry. Hiruzen just looked at them with amusement.

"Okay, I believe it would be safer if your team never gets the 'Capture Tora' mission ever again." Hiruzen said.

"That would be most wise Hokage-sama." Anko said.

"Yeah, we're killing it next time." Jakken added.

"I'm with you." Naruto commented.

"I don't give a damn if the samurai come after me." Yakumo finished. Hiruzen just smiled at the angry team. Team Anko was one of the best team among the Genin teams. They were a well-oiled machine that got the job done. As he looked over his records, Anko's team did more D- and C- rank missions that any squad. He was happy that his gamble paid off so well. It was very liberating to rub it in elders' faces.

As he continued to look on, he noticed something. There was supposed to be a report from one of his out-in-the-field shinobi. The report was due three weeks ago. He frowned and wondered what the hell was taking him so long to report to him? He looked at Team Anko and shrugged. While it might be an impossible task, he felt confident that this team might complete the mission he was planning.

"Okay, I have a personal favor to ask of you." Hiruzen began.

"What is it Hokage-sama?" Anko asked.

"I need you to track and retrieve one of my shinobi. He was to check in three weeks ago with a status report." He explained.

"Do you believe that he's been captured?" asked Naruto.

"Not this one, he is actually a student of mine. His name is Jiraiya."

"Lord Jiraiya is missing!" exclaimed Anko.

"It's more like he's goofing off again. Trust me, Jiraiya is an excellent spy but has some very bad and annoying habits. One of these habits must be the reason that he has not reported in. Track him down and bring him back to Konoha. Use whatever means you have to." He said.

"Yes sir!" they all said and left to get prepared. Hiruzen prayed for their success.

The team entered Otafuku Gai (Homely Woman Town). The town was known for its hotels and gentlemen clubs. It was also the last place that Jiraiya was seen.

"Why would Lord Jiraiya come to a place like this?" Yakumo asked.

"Got me but this is where he was last reported. Alright, we'll split up and search the area." Anko ordered. The team nodded and made their way to different corners of the city. It would be several hours of searching but they yielded no results. The team reunited to get something to eat. As they ate, they vented their frustrations.

"How can it be this hard to find one guy?" Jakken whined.

"He is one of Konoha's best spies. He wouldn't be much of one if we could find him so easily." Yakumo commented.