Chapter 41: Hell Month, part 1

30 Days until the Finals

Unkai sat in the dojo with Yakumo who sat across from him. Yakumo was in her training clothes and waited for her training to begin. To the side, her parents were watching as was Haku. The former ally of Momochi Zabuza had agreed to help her with her taijutsu. They sat and waited for Unkai to talk. The old man looked at her with a serious gaze.

"Let me first say that I am proud at how far you have come in your life as a ninja. Many wrote you off but you showed them that you were meant for this life." Unkai said.

"Thank you uncle." Yakumo said.

"That said, I will let you know that I will not be easy on you when it comes to this training. I have given your friend Haku instructions not to take it easy on you. I will also be hard on you and I will push you to your limits so that you are prepared for your opponent in the finals. Your other sparring partner will also be tough on you." Unkai said.

"Other instructor?" Yakumo asked with confusion. Unkai nodded his head and the doors opened. In stepped someone that made Yakumo's eyes narrow. She faced her uncle and was about to speak but he stopped her.

"I know that you have a history with her but she is one of the village's top genjutsu users. Since she has no one to help as her student is being trained by his father, she has agreed to help you prepare for the exams." Unkai said. Yakumo just took a breath and calmed her angry.

"Very well, I will abide by your decision uncle." Yakumo said. Yakumo gave one look to Kurenai before turning her head around, refusing to look at her. Kurenai just sighed and waited for the training to begin.

XXX

Midoshi looked at Manda who was looking right back at her. The two were in a starring contest that had been going on for a while now. To the side, the team that she put together was waiting for the answer that they came here for. Manda sighed and faced her.

"Very well, they can stay here and train. However, I will keep an eye on them. They can use you part of Ryūchidō. They are your responsibility and if they get eaten, I am not responsible." Manda said.

"Thank you Manda-chichi." Midoshi turned to lead her team to her private training area. That's when Midoshi was stopped by Manda and another large snake.

"Actually, let Hakari take them there. You need to come with me." Manda said. Midoshi was a little confused but obeyed him. She got on his head and the two went in the other direction. It didn't take them look to arrive at the home of the Hakuja Sennin (White Snake Sage). She wondered why they were here. Was the Hakuja Sennin finally going to teach her the Sennin Mōdo (Honored Sage Mode)? The two entered the cave that he resided in. Midoshi faced one of the largest serpents that ever lived. He was wearing a hat with two pointed edges, an orb on top and a headdress. He also was wearing a chain with an orb around its neck. In his mouth was a cigarette. He released a breath of smoke before facing the young Midoshi.

"Ah Midoshi-chan, I am glad to see you today." The white snake said.

"It's good to see you Ojīsan. Manda-chichi said that you wished to see me?" Midoshi asked.

"Ah yes, I did wish to see you. I have seen a drastic change in your future that has me surprised. I thought that you should know about it." he said. Midoshi looked at the old sage with a smirk. She didn't believe in fortune-telling but she loved the old sage. She decided to humor the serpent.

"Okay, let's hear it." She said with a tone. The old sage was not offended and looked at her.

"Your future is entwined with Gama clan for some reason. In fact, the two true sages shall form a union that with unite the two clans and bring peace between the two. What do you think of this future of yours?" the white snake sage said.