Chapter 37: The Prelims, part 2

I will most likely have this entire story out on Inkitt sometime tomorrow so go check it out if you want to finish it. Let us have a competition on do I get more likes/followers on Wattpad or Inkitt.

Midoshi walked down slowly as Dosu jumped over the railing. It took a while before Midoshi was standing in front of the bandaged faced boy. Midoshi did not have a smile on her face and folded her arms in annoyance. Dosu pulled back his sleeve to show the gauntlet on his arm. Before the match could begin, Dosu had some choice words for the young girl.

"Are you still upset about that weak girl that nearly got killed? You are pathetic. To think, I use to fear you because of your cruelty. Now I see that you are too sentimental for your own good. I shall show you and prove to your keeper that I am more than just a pawn." Dosu said. After that was said, Hayate started the match. Dosu got two steps before a sword blade was sticking out of his head. His lone eye was wide with surprise. Midoshi said nothing as she pulled out the blade out. Dosu hit the ground with a thud. His blood began to pour out of his head.

Midoshi flicked the blood and brain matter off before putting her blade away. She walked back to the balcony, ignoring everyone's eyes. As she walked pass the sensei of Dosu's team, she could feel the anger coming off him. She ignored it and walked back to her team. She looked to see that Kagerō was now awake.

"How are you feeling?" Midoshi asked.

"I will heal." Kagerō said gruffly. "I'm sorry that I failed you Midoshi-sama." Midoshi bent down to her and placed her hand on her head.

"You have nothing to be ashamed for. It just means that Guren should have trained you better." Midoshi said with a smirk.

"You're blaming me! Why you little..." Guren began to rant and Midoshi didn't even look like she was listening. Everyone looked at the group with critical eyes. After they clean up the blood and took away the body, the board cycled again and the next two names were given. They were Kurama Yakumo and Yamanaka Ino.

XXX

Kurenai was paying very close attention to this match. She wanted to see how far Yakumo had come since her graduation. She had attempted to see the teenager but she was not willing to speak with her. Kurenai always regretted leaving the girl after that situation. She remembered when she was given another chance before she was placed in the academy but she had refused her harshly. When she became a part of Anko's team, she asked her friend if she could set up a meet. The young teen was sharp and figured it out, refusing to meet with her. Anko did promise that she would look out for her.

She looked at the ground and waited for the match to begin.

XXX

"Fifth match, Yamanaka Ino v. Kurama Yakumo, begin." Hayate called out. Ino moved quickly to take out Yakumo. The Kurama heiress quickly did some hand seals and waited. Ino threw a kick that connected at her side. Ino was surprised when Yakumo burst into leaves. Ino screamed and swatted the leaves out of her face. That proved to be a mistake as Yakumo quickly struck Ino with five knife-hand strikes. Ino felt her arm go numb before she was blasted with a spin kick. Ino hit the ground but was quickly to her feet. However, Yakumo had already finished preparing a jutsu.

"Magen: Narakumi no Jutsu. (Demonic Illusion: Hell Viewing Technique)" she said and vanished. As Ino got the feeling back into his arm, she went wide eyed at the scene that was in her face. She saw Sasuke and Sakura looking at each other with love in their eyes. They were slowly getting closer and their eyes closed. She could see blushes on their cheeks and their lips pucker. Ino was horrified and quickly closed her eyes. She placed her hands in a seal.