Chapter 51 - Invasion, part 2

We are coming up to the final chapter readers.

Hoped you liked this.

I got to #1 and stayed there for quite some time.

Thanks a lot for the support.

I am doing this and not going to bed till midnight so ya,

Will come out with more from this author if there is more to be published.

Thanks happy reading.

Explosion was heard throughout the stadium. The sounds of battle were going on as the Konoha ninja protected the civilians. Kakashi stabbed another Oto ninja before ducking a crushing blow from a Suna ninja. He lashed out with a kick that sent the man flying into the wall. He spun and caught him with a genjutsu that froze him. He was easy pickings for his thrown kunai. Kakashi turned back to survey the battle.

To his left, he watched as Naruto jumped over the stadium wall and moved toward a forested area. Gaara or what might have been Gaara took off after him. It was a good decision made by Naruto as that Gaara boy would have probably killed everyone just to get to Naruto. To his right, he watched as Anko and that Oto kunoichi go at it. Anko was holding her own and her sword work was difficult to cypher. The kunoichi was still matching her blow for blow. Each was sporting wounds from their battle.

Down on the field, Genma was fighting the Suna ninja, Baki, and Yakumo was fighting the Suna kunoichi, Temari. They looked like that they were okay. Two Oto shinobi appeared above him, ready to plunge their kunai into his back.

"Konoha Gōriki Senpū! (Tree Leaf Strong Whirlwind)" Gai shouted and blasted the two away from his rival. Gai landed right beside him. "Kakashi, you must concentrate on the fight before you. I cannot save you all the time."

"Sorry Gai, did you say something?" Kakashi asked. Gai balked and looked at him with an annoyed glance. This gave Kakashi time to take out two more enemies. "That makes thirty to twenty-eight."

"That was very un-youthful!" Gai shouted. The two jōnin just continued to fight for their village.

XXX

The sound of steel against glass followed the two women as they ran along the top of the stands. Guren, with two crystal blades, pushed away and did some seals.

"Kesshō: Rokkaku Shuriken: Ranbu! (Crystal: Hexagonal Shuriken: Wild Dance)" She shouted. Crystal shuriken came right at Anko. Anko did some seals of her own and slammed her hands on the ground.

"Doton: Doryūheki! (Earth Release: Earth-Style Wall)" Anko shouted. Pillars of Earth rose to protect her. The pillars looked like that they had Scales on it. Guren was preparing another jutsu but cried out when Anko's sword nicked her shoulder. She thanked herself forencasing her body in a thin layer of crystal or she would have lost that shoulder. She batted the blade away and drove her crystal blade into the ground. It extended into the ground. She raised it in a sweeping motion. It ripped Anko out of the ground and threw her against the wall she created. Guren did not waste second.

"Shōton: Omiwatari no Jutsu! (Crystal Release: The Gods' Crossings Technique)" Guren shouted and put her hands on the ground. A stream of sharp crystal rushed at Anko. It hit Anko and the wall with some impact. Guren waited from the dust to settle. When it did, Anko was skewered against the wall. That was until Anko dispelled. Anko reappeared in front of Guren, a deadly gleam in her eyes. Guren barely had time to raise her arms as Anko's slash came at her with amazing speed. The power behind the blow shattered her swords and sent her flying. Guren tumbled for a while before stopping. She attempted to get to a standing position but she could not. Her arms could not stop shaking. What was up with the strike?