Chapter 10: A New Mission

Hiruzen looked at several reports that he received daily from patrols. It wasn't anything new to him as such was the life of a Hokage. He reached for one of the reports and began to read. As he kept reading, he began to get a little worried. He made a signal to his ANBU. One of them appeared and bowed.

"I want Aoba Yamashiro and Raidō Namiashi here now." Hiruzen ordered. The ANBU nodded and was gone. Minutes later, two Jonin entered along with that ANBU member. The ANBU disappeared while Aoba and Raidō remained kneeling. "Rise, I want you to tell me about this report." He handed the report to Raidō who read it over.

"What is it that you did not understand sir?" Raido asked.

"The place you investigated when you were returning, where was it located?" Hiruzen asked. Aoba went to the map of the fire country and pointed it out. Hiruzen's eyes narrowed. "What did you find?"

"We found nothing sir. All we found were some broken breakers and dead looking samples. We found nothing out of the ordinary." Aoba answered. Hiruzen sighed at that.

"Thank you both, you are dismissed." Hiruzen said.

"Hai!" they said and left via Shunshin (Body Flicker). Hiruzen looked at the spot that Aoba showed with concern. He knew that area and that cabin. It was a present to one of his students from back in his youth. It was his favorite student and had asked for a place outside of Konoha to do his research. He happily found him a spot and built a cozy cabin for him. This was before he turned rogue and disappointed him.

Hiruzen thought there had to be more at that spot. His wayward student would not just leave things alone for no reason. He needed this investigated. He considered sending an ANBU team but he decided that this would be better if the person knew his former student's ways. It would be a risky decision considering that he did the same to her but he had no choice.

Taking a scroll, he began to write done instructions. Once it was over, he took a stamp and placed it on the scroll. He looked to his left again and the ANBU member appeared.

"Summon Anko Mitarashi."

Near training ground forty-four, team twelve was doing a new exercise. They had each learned the tree walking exercise to an acceptable level that Anko was currently showing them how to utilize chakra better. She was teaching them how to stick to the tree from many parts of their body, which was why they were currently doing pull-ups using just their fingers to hold them. Anko watch on as her team did the exercise.

"That's it my little brats, feel the burn," Anko said. She then took a bottle of lighter fluid and sprayed onto the bonfire she had under them. The fire went a bit higher, making the team do their exercises faster. "Feel the burn." She said calmly. Suddenly, she felt a presence in the air. She turned just as the ANBU member appeared.

"Anko Mitarashi, you are to," he began but saw the scene before him. Sighing, he did a few hand seals. "Suiton: Suihachi." He held out his palm and a jet of water shot out, putting out the fire.

"Hey!" Anko exclaimed.

"The Hokage wants you to report to him now." The ANBU said and disappeared. Anko had a slight frown on her face. She turned back to her Genin.

"Ok, I'm going to see what the Hokage wants. Continue your exercises while I'm gone." Anko said before she vanished. The team sighed in relief when Anko returned again. "I completely forgot, Kuchiyose no Jutsu! (Summoning Technique)" The dust cleared to reveal the snake from their final exam. "Mai here is going to keep you company." She turned to her summon. "If they slack off, you can eat them." She told the snake before leaving again. The snake looked at them and seemed to smile. They all had one thing to say.