Chapter 40: Preparing For the Finals

Midoshi was walking with Guren to her left, Kagerō and Kotohime to her right. They had just left the forest and quickly made their way out of Konoha. Midoshi knew that they would have been shadows the second that they left the forest by either the Hokage or this Danzō person. Lucky for her, she knew several serpents that could use the Henge no Jutsu (Transformation Technique). She had just gotten word that their tail was not assumed by the trick. Either way, they were in the clear.

"Guren, it will be your job to prepare Kotohime and to keep Kagerō skills growing." Midoshi said.

"Yeah, yeah, I heard you the first time. I assume that you will be training as well?" Guren asked.

"Of course. I expect the Gama-Sennin (Frog Hermit) to take my prey to train. It would not be wise to underestimate him." Midoshi said. She suddenly stopped and looked ahead. Guren and the others prepared themselves. Midoshi raised her hand to calm them. "What do you want Orochimaru?" The pale faced man stepped out of hiding and faced the group. They could all see that he was not happy.

"What do you think that you are doing girl? You have cost me a lot. And, what did you think you were doing almost destroying my new body?" Orochimaru hissed in displeasure.

"Your boy should have much more control of his emotions. They will get him killed one day. As for your selected team, Dosu should have known better, Zaku was never going to survive against the animal and Kin was too overzealous in attacking that killer." Midoshi stated. She then gave Orochimaru a smirk. "Why are you so angry with me? You have many in that village of yours that you don't care about. Anyone one of them can be used for your jutsu." She was suddenly grabbed by the throat and slammed into a tree. He bore a hole in her when he suddenly realized that the other three were preparing to attack him. He turned to them, giving them a glare. Realizing what they were doing, they backed down. Orochimaru turned to Midoshi.

"Do not forget Midoshi, if it wasn't for the power you hold, I would have killed you by now. Do not think that the protection of the 'Hebi' (Snake) clan can save you." He hissed before releasing Midoshi and disappearing like mist. Midoshi rubbed her throat and glared at the spot that Orochimaru once was. Regaining her composure, she turned to Guren.

"I wasn't expecting that for you. You're pretty loyal to the snake." Midoshi said.

"A temporary lapse of judgment, trust me, it won't happen again." Guren said to her. Midoshi scoffed but had a small smile on her face. She then got serious.

"We're going to have a change of plans. You guys are coming with me." She said.

"Where?" Guren asked in genuine curiosity.

"Ryūchidō (Dragon Ground Cave)."

XXX

The next day, Anko had gathered her team at the entrance of the Forest of Death. She had gathered them because she was having a time figuring out what to do about two of her students. Yakumo, she knew that her clan would be taking on her monthly training. She wasn't too worried about her because she knew that Unkai was not one to hold back. She also, secretly, knows what she would be going through. Her other two were a problem. She considered dumping the training on the Hokage with Naruto and the ANBU with Jakken. However, the appearance of Orochimaru put a damper on that. So she decided to do this in the only way she knew how. Too bad her students did not agree with the method.

"What's wrong with this idea?" Anko asked with a grunt.

"We are not picking up the kunai and we are not stabbing each other. Just because you live off blood doesn't mean that we have to." Naruto said.

"Yeah, didn't you get enough murder and mayhem during the prelims?" Jakken asked.

"Ah, but I want some blood." Anko whined. The three genin sighed at her antics.