Chapter 29: Doing the Wave, part 3

It was a foggy, forested area that Anko chose as the meeting place. It gave really good cover and it would give Naruto a good view of where Gatō was coming, where he was going and any signs of an ambush. She was in a Henge (Transformation) of the standard Kiri Oinin uniform and Naruto had several clones like that as well. It would be an hour and a half before Gatō appeared. Walking with him and flanking him from each side, were two swordsmen. They had their hands on their blades but it did not worry her. She stood at the ready just in case he did something stupid.

Gatō stepped forward and faced Anko.

"So, you're the leader of these teams that are moving around my land? I didn't expect you to be... a woman." Gatō said and leered at her. Anko just rolled her eyes behind her Henge.

"You should not underestimate me just because I'm a woman. To answer your question, I am the head commander of those teams. I assume that you know why we are here." Anko said.

"I heard it was because you're hunting a known criminal from your village. I assure you that there is not one here." Gatō said.

"Then you must take us for fools Gatō." Anko said. She pulled out a contract that she handed to Gatō. The little man paled when he saw what it was. "Yes, we know that you have hired him for a job but it does not matter to us. We want the location of Momochi Zabuza. You will hand him over immediately."

"Now wait a minute! I paid a lot of money for his services and I will not be cheated out of my investment!" Gatō exclaimed.

"Perhaps you prefer that Kirigakure no Sato (Hidden Villgae in the Mist) gets involved with your operations. Technically, that bridge has not been connected to the mainland. We rule the seas and if you don't wish for some accidents to happen to certain ships like the Yamato, I would be a little more open to negotiations." Anko said. Gatō gulped at her declaration. The Yamato was a ship owned by him that did some illegal shipping for him. If it was destroyed, it would be a lucrative loss. He growled at the woman before gathering himself.

"Fine, you can have him! He cost too much anyway." Gatō said.

"A wise decision," Anko then handed him a piece of paper. "You will make sure that he gets to that location and we will do the rest." She said. She made a hand motion before disappearing. Gatō wasn't happy but he didn't need Zabuza or his brat. He rubbed his cast before leaving with his men. When everyone was gone, a figure with a mask appeared. They looked in the direction of Gatō before following the Oinin.

X-X-X

Anko and Naruto returned to Tazuna's house. Anko stretched her muscles before dispelling the Henge.

"That was a load off. Well, did you notice anyone watching?" Anko asked Naruto. Naruto dispelled his clones and the Henge he was under.

"Someone did enter the field but they were using the mist as well. They were a lot better than me at staying hidden." Naruto said.

"Then we can assume that it is this Oinin that Kakashi's brats told us about. Let's hope that our plan works." Anko said. They were being watched by said Oinin. After learning about what they planned, he decided to let his master know that Konoha sent back-up and they were setting him up. He turned to leave but only got a few yards before his world went dark. He didn't know where he was and he felt the air leave his lungs. He was gasping for air and felt the world go darker.

As Anko and Naruto were about to enter the house, they heard a thud. The door opened to reveal Yakumo and Jakken who were armed.

"What's going on?" Anko demanded.

"Someone tripped one of my genjutsu traps. There is someone out there." Yakumo said. Anko nodded and made hand gestures to her team. They spread out and made their way carefully to the area where the thud was heard. They arrived to see a body. It was the Oinin that Kakashi told them about. He was out cold and not moving. Anko check him and found him to be alive. Naruto removed the mask off his face and Yakumo gasped as who it was revealed to be. Anko turned to her.