Chapter 20

King POV

Today I'm picking up King to tell her about me leaving out for New York . It's 2:40 so I'll hit the shower.

Later at dinner ...

"So , I'm graduating baby!" Bre'on said oh so happily .

"I'm proud of you." I said smiling , the way she loved me to do , the one she thought was a turn on while picking me up.

"You think you slick." she then said

"But what were you intending on telling me?" she asked concern.

"Look baby , in two more months I'll be leaving out to get out of the game . I don't know how long I'll be gone just yet." I said , she them looked at me with one of the most disappointed faces .

" Why are you just telling me ? How do I know you'll be here to protect me again?" She said while crying ,I'm stuck on how I was just deciding to tell her and it was hurting her.

"I'm sorry baby." I mumbled reaching for her hand that she had jerked away. She then threw down the napkin and walked away.

I left a 100 dollar tip to the waiter & walked out .

Apart of me was broken , because it hadn't even hit me how bad this was going to effect her nor hurt her. I thought we were going to work on things and communication. I mean we' were at one point having heart to heart daily.

I was wrong for not telling her about me leaving out for this mission . But I would have out it aside . As much as it would hurt me to go this mission knowing she's hurt I have to. It's for the best for both of our futures.

"Bre'on?" I spoke out while driving , she just looked out of the window.

I continued driving . Soon I made it to her condo . She grabbed her phone getting out of the car . I could see the tears dropping from her face . I just sat in the parking lot , with this shit weighing on my mind .

Next Day ...

Bre'on POV

I was still upset from what happened with King. Heart broken at that. How could he just be telling me about him leaving out , anything could happen. I'm more upset because I miss him to be honest .

Suddenly the door bell rung.

" Who is it ? " I asked

" Ari's mom " she answered sounding happy .

I opened the door to see my sister & niece . I grabbed Arri holding her , adoring her .

" You've been having baby fever lately , are you pregnant ? " She asked rubbing my stomach

I just smiled giving myself away .

"Omg & you didn't tell me ? How many months are you?" Nat Nat asked

" I'm sorry . I hadn't told anyone , but two months strong " I said happy

" Omg , but wassup with you , how did the date go with King?" Nat Nat asked.

"He's leaving." I said nonchalant

"Wait what about the baby?" She asked.

" He doesn't know." I said once again nonchalant

" Look , you can't stay mad at him and nor can you keep that from him."
she said but in my mind I really really didn't give a fuck.

" Watch .... " I said rolling my eyes & with my arms folded. Two can play this game. And I don't wanna tell him because eventually it'll get around and it will put my baby in danger and I'm far from wanting that. He should likely come back before the baby's arrival and it will be a surprise for him ass well.

I hope this doesn't come back to haunt me from keeping this from him...