honesty

the cigarette fell from my lips as peter batted it out of my hand, sending it to crash on the floor and burn a hole in the carpet of the library. "what the fuck would you do that for?" i huffed, pulling out the packet for another but he hit them away too. i glared at him as he sat back comfortably in his seat. "you're in a library. people read in here, they don't need you huffing and puffing like the big bad wolf. plus, they're bad for you. can't have you dying on me before we have the chance to talk about yesterday" he chuckled. ah, yesterday. the day peter parker confessed his undeniable love for me, and, of course, i ran away. "what about it? the english homework from fourth period? i haven't done it yet-" i began to talk in an attempt to change the subject but one look from peter and i trailed off. "i said what i said y/n. and i know you feel the same. so why try and deny it?" he said confidently. he pulled his chair closer to mine, intertwining our fingers. i tried to pull my hand away but it was a pathetic attempt and he just held tighter. his well built frame hung over my petite size and i was too afraid to look him in the eye. "talk to me" he whispered. slowly, i felt myself opening up. "maybe i'm afraid to fall in love.. because, what if its not reciprocated?" i mumbled. "don't rush y/n, its all just a game of patience, y'know?" he comforted me and i leant my head against his shoulder. "what if i dive deep? will you come in after me? would you share your flaws with me? i don't know, do i?" i said quietly. "your thinking's all wrong. love will happen when it wants. and i know it hurts sometimes but don't let it go, don't give up on it" he soothed. "i want you. you know i want you. and i don't want to let shit thats hurt you in the past get in the way of that" he continued. "yeah but what if i tell you all the shit i've done. you'd probably run away from me" i felt the tears in my eyes forming with the memories of my past. "y/n, we've all got bags full of shit that we don't want and i can't unpack it for you. but what i can do is hold your hand and comfort you as you get to grips with it, i can help you through it. before everything, you're my best friend. i know you. and i want you" he placed a soft kiss on my forehead. "i- i want you too pete. i'm just scared. i'm bad. i'm really bad, and you're an angel" i let out my first audible sob. he pulled me into a tight hug, kissing my head once more. "well, you're the angel in my eyes"

a/n
inspired by the song honesty
not my best but im tireddd & my finger is broken so sorry lol