hero

(for the purpose of this story imagine that the black order (children of thanos) still exists. thank you :))

my heart pounded out of my chest. the entire prison was in silence once again. my eyes flicked across to the girl i shared a cell with, river. she hadn't spoken a word but i could feel her hurt from the way she looked at me. i watched as the men were marched through our prison block, the guards cackling as they stumbled. i caught neds eye, as i did every time they passed through at exactly 12:32pm on thursdays and saturdays. i could see the fear within him, his arms shaking violently at his sides. as quickly as they appeared, they were gone. i crawled over to river, clasping my hand around hers as she rested her head on my shoulder. i scratched another mark into the wall. 1,427. the sinister voice of proxima midnight echoed down the cells. in the silence, her words sliced the atmosphere. river gripped my hand tighter as proxima approached our cell. she sighed, grinning evilly. she flung open the door to the cage and stepped in, her shoes clicking on the concrete floor. i pushed myself further into the wall, attemtping to make myself as small as possible. "daughter of the infamous tony stark. reduced to-" she trailed her finger along my cheek "nothing" she spat on the floor, tearing her finger away from my face and replacing it with a sharp dagger. i let out a quiet whimper. "its her fault your in here" she screeched, sniggering. "thanos blessed you, this was a gift. there was enough left on this planet to keep your remaining population alive, but you had to keep fighting. you had to keep trying, didn't you. we warned you. but that tony stark, he wouldn't back down. so now we have to control you. we have to keep you locked up until your DYING BREATH" she crowed, scratching the dagger across my face and leaving a deep cut on my cheekbone. i scowled, pulling away. " 'til we meet again" she sauntered away, chuckling. this was a game to her, we were the pawns in her chess match. my hand clutched my face tightly. what on earth was i going to do? my days were numbered here, starving and barely surviving. the gash on my face oozed deep scarlet blood, burning with pain. i looked at my hands, covered with the thick substance. my mind flashed.
••
flashback
"daddy!" i screeched, wrapping my arms around my fathers neck. he span me around, chuckling softly. i studied his face as he put me down, scratches covering each cheek. there was one cut deeper than the rest, just beneath his eye. i raised my hand and touched it gently, pouting as he flinched in pain. i leant up and kissed it softly. "there, all better. i've set up dinner, teddy and mummy are already down there. the teas probably cold you took so long! but you were saving the world so-"
••
i was 9 years old when the battle of new york was won. seeing my father, the normally smartly dressed and well put together tony stark, covered in scars and bloodied to a pulp. but he was still my father, and i was always my fathers daughter. i spat at the wall, my judgement clouded with anger. i stood up, rattling the bars of my cell. "you watch your back, midnight. i'm y/n stark. you don't mess with a stark."
••
im so sorry ive been gone for FOREVER but im back my loves. this is short but the storyline is quite interesting so comment for a part 2! :))