Chapter 36 Return of the Fallen

Yin POV

Standing in front of me was the love of my life, Sapphire. But she was different. Her skin was pale and her hair was white. Her eyes were pure red and she had black veins across her body. What happened to her? I decided to approach her, she growled at me.

Me: Sapphire.

Next thing I know there is a sword in my gut. I see Sapphire standing there with a sword. I stumble back as Sapphire charges again. This time she slashes across my chest. Ruby gets angry and charges with her scythe. She swings at Sapphire but I get in the way. She cuts down my back. Sapphire then stabs goes to stab me again but Ruby tries to intervene. I use both of my blades to stop their attacks. They both jump back.

Ruby: Yin what are you doing?

Sapphire charges again and I defend myself with by blades.

Me: You cant kill her!

I sat struggling to defend myself from Sapphire's relentless attacks. All she does is continue to growl.

Ruby: Why not?

Me: This is Neo's mother.

Ruby has a shocked look on her face. Sapphire slashes my right shoulder and jumps back. She charges at me again and I block her. Ruby uses her semblance and kicks Sapphire away. She goes to hit Sapphire but I block her.

Ruby: Yin I know you love her, but she's trying to kill you!

Me: I still cant let you do this!

Sapphire appears again, this time kicking Ruby away and stabbing my right shoulder. Sapphire then kicks me to the ground and jumps in the air, ready to deal the finishing blow.

Ruby: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

There is a bright silver that covers the entire area. When the light fades I see Sapphire on the ground, unconscious. I see a small bug come out of her neck and die. Sapphire's hair and skin return to normal. I sit down by her and hold her in my arms. Ruby comes over.

Ruby: So that's your wife?

Me: Yes.

Ruby: I thought she died.

Me: I thought so to, turns out she was alive this whole time.

I stare down at Sapphire's unconscious face. I cant believe after all this time she was alive. 

Me: Ruby I need you to do something for me.

Ruby: What is it?

Me: Stay here and watch Sapphire for me.

Ruby: I cant me and you have to-

Me: Please Ruby, I cant lose her again. I can fight Salem on my own, I promise.

Ruby thinks about this for a moment.

Ruby: All right I'll do it, but you better come back.

Me: Don't worry I will.

I kiss Sapphire on her cheek and hand her over to Ruby. After that I continue to run down the hall. As I'm running I smell something familiar that makes me stop in my tracks.

Me: I know you're there Cinder.

From above Cinder jumps down.

NO POV

Yin and Cinder stare at each other.

Cinder: Good to see you again Yin, I was hoping you were still alive. I wanted a better fight than that.