Demonic ashes and heavenly war

New York Institute

Jace screamed while staring at the empty bedroom. All he could see were the drawings and the runes on the wall.

" - The little bitch..."

She was gone. He could feel the anger filling every single inch of his body. A fury that he had never felt before. He got fooled, him, Jace Herrondale got fooled by a vampire like an idiot, not like a shadowhunters. He needed to find her and fast before she manipulated someone else. Or before she killed someone else. He ran out of the Institute without thinking of a plan.

Another dimension

" - What do you mean he is gone?!

- He... he escaped my general.

- How?!

- The Guard was killed...

- Imbeciles!

The voice got quieter. Sammael's scream was probably heard to the other side of the building. Fire sparkled out of his body. He was morphing into his true form.

Four screaming faces appeared on his chest, his neck elongated and a head with three faces formed on it. Four horns started to grow while the man facing him was screaming. Black wings appeared on his back and where the elbows and knees were supposed to be more heads appeared.

A long tail whipped the man who was screaming few seconds ago. A black smoke came out of it and entered the man's mouth.

He fell on the floor burning on the inside. His screams got louder as the flames took possession of his insides. Smoke was coming out of the body like the the flames were trapped under his skin. The top layers of the skin cracked under the heat but did not break. The smell of burnt meat filled the room. His entire body was convulsing and his eyes were rolling. He swallowed his tongue from screaming and started to choke. The salive got out of the mouth and bubbled.
His organs carbonized first shortly followed by his outside body. He turned into ashes and the head followed. He was still conscious when his body turned into dust but few seconds later he screamed one last time and died. His head did not burn. There it was, on the floor, staring at the ceiling, the bubbles sliding on the chin.

Sammael took his human form back and calmly said:

- Get rid of that head and find the warlock."

Everyone left leaving the demon alone. He was mad at himself. He didn't contain his powers. Now he was powerless until his energy reformed.

Same dimension

The warlock passed out on the floor. After all this time working the magic left his body leaving the magical prison powerless. Clary took her chance and ran out of the pentacle. Her heart was beating in her chest. She found her weapons and stele where the demons left them in the room. The adrenaline made her dizzy. She couldn't believe she was getting out of here. Her hand took the stele and positioned it between her fingers. It was shaky at first but she started to focus and it got better. The stele became an extension of her arm, a part of her body. She focused more and visualized the portal rune. She silently prayed Michael and drew it. She heard footsteps just behind the door.

"- Warlock we need you to track someone."

A knock. The rune was moving in the air, activating itself. Two knocks. Clary kept looking at the rune and the door. Back and forth, back and forth. The door opened and the rune sparkled. A portal opened in front of her. The warlock who was on the floor woke up and tried to stop her but couldn't. His magic was empty. The last thing she heard was a scream but it was too late for the minor demon; she had time to get out.