A parabatai bond

Clary was looking at herself in the mirror. She was so happy that she had her real face back. Selene was pretty but it wasn't her. She saw the door open in the reflection of the mirror. Jace entered with a smile on his face.

"Hey, how are you feeling?"

"Good, happy to be back in my body." she laughed softly. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm happy that all of this is finally over."

He took her hand in his and kissed it with his lips.

"Are you ready for the ceremony?"

She nodded.

"I've been waiting for this for so long. I can't believe it's really happening."she said.

Jace smiled at her and hugged her tightly. Her head was resting on his chest and she could feel his heart beat. It was calming her slightly anxious mind.

"I love you Clary, no matter what will happen in the future I will always love you. Don't doubt that."

Her heart pounded in her chest. She missed those words. He was back this time and nothing will separate them ever again.

"I never doubted it."

She was referencing what happened between him and Selene. She felt is arm hold her tighter. She knew that he felt guilty but she didn't want him to. The situation was bad and they were all overwhelmed and under a lot of pressure. She wasn't going to hold it against him.

"I will never forgive myself for that." He said.

"Well, then I forgive you for the both of us." She softly kissed him on the lips.

"Hey Clary... oh sorry for interrupting but Izzy is waiting."

Jace finally let go of her and they both faced Simon who was awkwardly standing there. Clary kissed Jace on the cheek and walked out of the room followed by her best friend. It was finally going to happen after a year of unexpected events.

Clary walked into the main blue circle and faced Izzy. Alec, Magnus and other members of the council were standing around them in their Shadowhunter uniform. The two women smiled at each other. They took each other's forearm and held it tightly. Clary felt more nervous than earlier but once she looked into her friend's eyes she knew she was about to make the right decision. 

After nodding at each other they spoke the words of the oath:

"Entreat me not to leave thee,"

The blue fire grew bigger.

"Or return from following after thee—
For whither thou goest, I will go,
And where thou lodgest, I will lodge."

Clary drew the rune on her shoulder. Izzy drew hers on her hip.

"Thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God.
Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried.
The Angel do so to me, and more also,
If aught but death part thee and me."

The runes activated at the same time, shining brighter than the circle on the floor. A cold feeling entered Clary's arm and travelled in her body. She could feel the power of the bond filling her entire being. She understood what Jace meant everytime he explained his parabatai bond to her.

The light of the circle faded slowly before it disappeared into thin air.

"The oath is done." started Alec. "I now declare you parabatai. May your bond last forever."

They hugged each other. 

"Oh Clary, you don't realise how happy I am now that you are back with us." 

"Izzy, I'm glad that you still wanted me as your parabatai."

Everyone is the room started speaking and end of the ceremony approached. Magnus interrupted their hug. 

"Sorry to stop this supposedly emotional moment but there's a dinner party happening in honour of the two of you and I'd like to go there and taste the nice cocktails offered."

Everyone in the group laughed at Magnus and followed by everyone Izzy and Clary walked to the dinner room. Simon jumped next to Clary. 

"I'd like to remind you that Izzy is mine."

"I won't take her away from you Simon."

"I know but I don't know shadowhunters stuff and you seemed annoyed at Jace and Alec's bond. I don't want to feel this way."

"Things were different back then. Today we are each other's family. See her as my sister."

"I'm like your brother so no... I don't want to see her as your sister. That's weird."

Clary laughed and looked at Simon while walking. He took a deep breath and added something to what he just had said. 

"I mean it Clary. You're like a sister to me. We grew up together, we fought demons together, we nearly died together, you rescued me from a group of vampire, we battled Lilith, Jonathan, Valentine and now Lucifer himself. There is no one I feel closer to in this world. I missed you this last year. I didn't have you around, I had people but it's not the same. Our friendship is irreplaceable."

"I feel the exact same way Simon, I love you like the brother I never had."

"Well..... you did have a brother."

He winked at her. 

"Can we not talk about that, like ever again."

"Oh this is a story I'm intending to bring back when I'll be drunk and talking to your children. Like: hey kids do you want to hear the story of your mom and dad...?"

"If you do this Simon I will officially stop my kids from seeing their godfather."

"Godfather?"

"Yeah, who else could fulfil that role? You and Alec will be their godfather, Magnus too and Izzy their godmother."

"We stay within the family, huh?"

"That's all we have left and that's all we need."

"What are we going to do now?"

"We'll make sure that peace we fought so hard for lasts for as long as we live."

"I'll live longer than you..."

"Exactly, so you can carry on our mission. You and Magnus can be a reminder that Shadowhunters and vampires fought side by side and lived in harmony."

He nodded at her. The thought of not having her around one day was breaking his heart but he will always have Magnus. It'll eventually just be the two of them... well not the two of them. They will have the children of their friends to take care of and the children of their children. There was always going to be a reminder that Clary, Alec and Izzy existed one day. They will be their legacy and Simon was going to make sure that he will forever keep an eye and be around the descendants of his best friends. 

The group headed to the dinner party feeling happy. For once they didn't have to think of other problems. They could party knowing that the problems of the outside world could wait a night.