Epilogue

Clary was looking at the children training. She smiled at herself reminiscing the past. It had been twelve years since the Great War in Heaven happened, twelve years of peace, love and unity. Not once in all of these years she had felt like she was in danger. The downworld, the angels and the shadowhunters lived together. Of course there was an odd vampire taking mundane blood or a rogue werewolf but they were always taken care of. The regular contacts between the Clave and Archangel Michael helped keeping the shadowhunters at peace. They knew they were being listened to. The world was a safe place and she hoped, from the bottom of her heart, that it will stay like this.

"Clary, your son is a nightmare to train."

"He's your nephew Simon." Clary chuckled. "You said you wanted to train him, you got him all exited so you're gonna have to do it."

"I didn't know he was going to be so all over the place."

"Well he is Jace's son after all. And he is six years old."

"Mh. Not sure it was a great idea to make a child guarantying the fact that Jace's personality lives on forever."

"Hey, so will mine!" clary was laughing. She knew that Simon wasn't being serious. When she had announced her pregnancy to him six years ago he nearly jumped around the place. He was happy, she knew that he was happy considering the fact that he will be able to have a piece of Clary and Jace for longer. It was a subject hard to bring on the table between her and Simon. It was hard because it was breaking his heart that one day she wouldn't be around. One day she won't be talking to him about comic books or Star Wars. But she intended to pass on her knowledge to her child, or children so Simon could have a family he felt comfortable with. Besides she knew that he would never be alone, he will always have Magnus by his side. Even if the two had a rough start they finally became really close, like the rest of them. There wasn't a single day passing by without them calling each other or hanging out together.

Alec decided a year ago to bring everyone to Alicante. He announced that we all did enough in our life and that it was time for us to rest and enjoy life. Magnus and Alec's daughter and Jace and Clary with their son. Izzy wanted to stay in the institute to run it and so did Simon. They were living in Alicante over the holidays though which warmed up Clary's heart.

As she was watching her boy training she remembered how Jace used to train her in the same room. Another generation but still the same traditions.

He had definitely taken a lot of his father. His fierce eyes, the way he moved with his blade, his smile and eyes. The only thing he took of her was the hair. She sure hoped that the day they'll have a daughter she'll be looking more like her.

"Claaaary, are you even listening?"

She snapped back to reality. Her best friend was there looking at her smiling.

"You have wrinkles."

"No Simon, I don't."

"Yes you do. When you smile you're starting to have wrinkles around your eyes."

Her fingers touched the corner of her eyes. This was only going to get worse with time. It'll be a constant reminder that she was getting old while her best friend was simply going to stay the same. It was better if she thought of it as a funny joke.

The door opened in a loud noise and Clary turned around to see Jace, Izzy, Magnus and Alec walking in.

"Alright kids, show us what Simon has been teaching you."

A little group of children appeared form behind the door and ran to the center of the room. Her son was already standing there ready to fight his dad and aunt.